sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimate | LEGO MOVIE 2 $8.5M | WHAT MEN WANT $6.6M | COLD PURSUIT $ 3.64M | THE PRODIGY $2.02M

4 hours ago, a2k said:

lego1's 3.73x gives 119+ with 32 ow. matching predecessor's legs won't be easy at all. batlego fell well below with 3.32x. that gives 106+ with 32 ow. the pta is low and it will start loosing theatres after 2 weeks. 105-110 at most imo.

I think 3.25x legs at best, though I believe it may be as low as 3x as well. The film was more frontloaded in opening day than Batman. 29 weekend and 87 final imo.

Edit: Weekend trend is much much better than the most optimistic projections. Might do 3.2x to $108mn

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think they need to start actually marketing their films ala Dreamworks/Illumination and maybe switch to a more worldwide sense of humor since they can’t rely on just America and Canada. The only films that have a lot of potential are Space Jam 2 and Super Pets. Scooby and Cat In The Hat will do decent here but bomb OS and Funko will likely bomb.

I think with Smallfoot, there was a lot less of the humour that was in previous WAG films so I imagine that’ll be the case form now on.

I don’t agree Scooby will bomb OS, the character isn’t exactly unknown and I think the humour of Scooby Doo will likely help it rather than hinder. Tom and Jerry with its mostly silent comedy could do well too 

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think 3.25x legs at best, though I believe it may be as low as 3x as well. The film was more frontloaded in opening day than Batman. 29 weekend and 87 final imo.

When you are wrong all weekend this kind of joke could happen. 

11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Considering that Saturday and Sunday holds seem to have been much better, I think 3.5x is possible.

I seriously think it might be time China seriously considers releasing their big films in the US if what i hear about The Wandering Earth is true.  And i mean wide release. it is not like 2019 is packing in the blockbusters so far.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1

Having seen Lego 2, I do feel that  even with Dragon in two weeks legs should still be very solid. It's very much a crowdpleaser that will have its fans, so I can see it reaching $110M or so. Obviously that's not what WB would want, but it'll at least cross the century mark w/out any fudging

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

When you are wrong all weekend this kind of joke could happen. 

Lego 2 went from $50M to $40M to half of the first one’s OW, though I’m relived $100M DOM is alive, this still is awful.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Having seen Lego 2, I do feel that  even with Dragon in two weeks legs should still be very solid. It's very much a crowdpleaser that will have its fans, so I can see it reaching $110M or so. Obviously that's not what WB would want, but it'll at least cross the century mark w/out any fudging

Agreed not to mention the 4 day will help give it a soft drop.