Jump to content
filmlover

Motherless Brooklyn | November 1 2019 | Warner Bros. | Directed by Edward Norton | Norton, Bruce Willis

Recommended Posts

Also Edward Norton’s feature adaptation of Jonathan Lethem’s Motherless Brooklyn will open Nov. 1 this year. Set against the backdrop of 1950s New York, the pic follows Lionel Essrog (Norton), a lonely private detective afflicted with Tourette’s Syndrome, as he ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend, Frank Minna (Bruce Willis). Norton writes and produces. Michael Bederman, Bill Migliore, Gigi Pritzker, and Rachel Shane are also producing.

 

https://deadline.com/2019/02/warner-bros-dates-dune-for-november-2020-more-1202558747/

Edited by filmlover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between Glass, his surprise cameo in another film and this, are we going through a Bruce Willaissance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could be really good; Edward Norton always seemed like the type of actor that would try their hand at directing, and I just never noticed. We'll see how it goes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TMP said:

Between Glass, his surprise cameo in another film and this, are we going through a Bruce Willaissance?

lmao until I read the last two words of this sentence I thought you were talking about Ed Norton, and I was like "Ed Norton was in Glass?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Slambros said:

This could be really good; Edward Norton always seemed like the type of actor that would try their hand at directing, and I just never noticed. We'll see how it goes.

 

He is infamous for editing and rewriting movies he has acted in. American History X went through edits from him. He also rewrote a lot of Red Dragon which turned out better than it should have but he also rewrote many scenes for the Incredible Hulk and that film was kind of terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 9:01 PM, Slambros said:

This could be really good; Edward Norton always seemed like the type of actor that would try their hand at directing, and I just never noticed. We'll see how it goes.

he's directed before.

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty excited for this. DaFoe's on a super hot streak between this, the Lighthouse, the French Dispatch and the new Del Toro joint.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This film is going to be something special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

This film is going to be something special.

Maybe this will end Ed Norton's Hollywood exile 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TMP said:

 

This is way more Thom Yorke than Flea. What did Flea actually do here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This is way more Thom Yorke than Flea. What did Flea actually do here?

 

I'm not sure what Flea contributed to the song, but I do know that he's worked with Thom Yorke before; there was a 'supergroup' style group with them and other musicians called Atoms For Peace. I don't remember how integral Flea was to that project, but I do know that Flea seems to be more musically inclined than being the bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers would lead one to believe at first glance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

 

I'm not sure what Flea contributed to the song, but I do know that he's worked with Thom Yorke before; there was a 'supergroup' style group with them and other musicians called Atoms For Peace. I don't remember how integral Flea was to that project, but I do know that Flea seems to be more musically inclined than being the bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers would lead one to believe at first glance.

I just read online that he's playing the trumpet in this song.

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i liked the suspiria soundtrack but otherwise thom yorke is a MENACE. was really shocked when i listened to this new song and it's boring and whiny. what a new direction for him.

  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting for Molina's late career resurgence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.