filmlover

Motherless Brooklyn | November 1 2019 | Warner Bros. | Directed by Edward Norton | Norton, Bruce Willis

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

Will release in roughly 1,250 locations next Friday.

Here I thought films like The Sun is Also a Star and The Kitchen had low theatre counts for WB releases. It feels like this might have been better off opening platform, or at least limited, to start off.

It's being dumped. Low theater count + virtually nonexistent marketing campaign. Microscopic numbers ala The Goldfinch are incoming.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric loves Rey said:

My Mom called me up yesterday to talk about some school-related stuff, and she mentioned she was excited for this. I was too scared to tell her that the movie was a no1curr.

lol my mum posted the trailer on facebook. i didn't know ed norton had middle aged fangirls but i guess?

On 10/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, filmlover said:

It's being dumped. Low theater count + virtually nonexistent marketing campaign. Microscopic numbers ala The Goldfinch are incoming.

Joker making gobs of money probably plus Doctor Sleep in a week's time meant WB can suck it up. 

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Joker making gobs of money probably plus Doctor Sleep in a week's time meant WB can suck it up. 

True. I'm guessing WB isn't too worried.

Still, it's just odd to see. I guess I thought this movie would be a bit of a bigger deal, but it's looking like it's really not, and that it's just plain bad. I still want to catch it though. I'm curious about this one.

51 minutes ago, JB33 said:

True. I'm guessing WB isn't too worried.

Still, it's just odd to see. I guess I thought this movie would be a bit of a bigger deal, but it's looking like it's really not, and that it's just plain bad. I still want to catch it though. I'm curious about this one.

I imagine they'd thought it'd be an awards contender then realised it's a stinker. I wouldn't be shocked if The Good Liar makes more money despite being a more low key project.

Edited by Jonwo

8 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine they'd thought it'd be an awards contender then realised it's a stinker. I wouldn't be shocked if The Good Liar makes more money despite being a more low key project.

That's actually another one I'm interested in. Just a chance to see Sir Ian McKellan and Hellen Mirren work is enough for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SLAM! said:

If I somehow end up going to the movies this weekend, it's a coin flip between this and Harriet.

I hear ya. I'm interested in both. Unfortunately these are the two my local isn't showing.

• Sad 1

On 10/31/2019 at 7:37 PM, lilmac said:

In theaters no. Netflix, sure. If the critic reviews were better I think I would have. It's been awhile since I've seen a good Edward Norton movie.

Looks like most people are going this route. WB released this in a very small amount of theatres (by their standards) for a good reason, it looks like. Anyone else?