grim22

BOT's Top 25 Movies of 2018 | The forums can't fight the friction

I'm really happy that First Reformed was able to make my list! One of my favorites from last year, for sure.

There's a lot of movies I haven't seen on the list, but that is to be expected.

Maybe it's good that I submitted my list before watching Bohemian Rhapsody, because I would've caused it to be even higher on the list than it is.

Hopefully there's still room on the list for Annihilation and Isle of Dogs!

Really happy with the list so far. Everything so far was in my Top 50 except A Simple Favor. Well acted and directed, but the story basically threw anything it found shocking randomly at the audience and hoped it worked. It didn’t for me. Oh well.

VERY disappointed with the placement of Thoroughbreds. It was my #2 so it was probably just me. Shame on you BOT...

• Like 1

Of all the really really really shitty Oscar nominated films over the years, I can't believe the one that this site has chosen to rag on is Bohemian Rhapsody.  This site confuses me more and more each year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nick64 said:

Really happy with the list so far. Everything so far was in my Top 50 except A Simple Favor. Well acted and directed, but the story basically threw anything it found shocking randomly at the audience and hoped it worked. It didn’t for me. Oh well.

VERY disappointed with the placement of Thoroughbreds. It was my #2 so it was probably just me. Shame on you BOT...

With you on Thoroughbreds it was in my top 10. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christmas baumer said:

Of all the really really really shitty Oscar nominated films over the years, I can't believe the one that this site has chosen to rag on is Bohemian Rhapsody.  This site confuses me more and more each year.

so you admit it was really really really shitty then

Y'know, it never ceases to amaze me how consistently surprised you all seem that the critically/audience acclaimed, billion-dollar-making Marvel movie turns out to be, in fact, rather popular on these forums.

If anything, I'm surprised it's this low. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think I had either a dream or a vision that Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse would be the winner. There's been interesting correlations between my dreams and what happens in reality, so we'll have to see if the dream meant anything this time around.

• Like 1

Just now, Slambros said:

I think I had either a dream or a vision that Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse would be the winner. There's been interesting correlations between my dreams and what happens in reality, so we'll have to see if the dream meant anything this time around.

This seems very likely (probably between Spiderverse and Fallout with Spiderverse having the better chance)

25: Searching- Great start to the list, I thought it sounded like a bad gimmick, but it ended up being great. (9th on my list)

24: First Reformed- Started off well but I didn't really connect with how it ended, well acted though. (not on my list)

23: Crazy Rich Asians Meh, it wasn't terrible but it's a conventional Rom-Com story that wasn't very funny and and the chemistry between the leads wasn't really great either. (not on my list)

22: Avengers- A decent Superhero movie, has some annoying things about it but don't mind it either. (not on my list)

21: Game Night- Haven't seen.

20: Incredibles 2- Bad, Boring parenting parts and a an obvious villain reveal. (way off my list)

19: Bohemian Rhapsody- :gold: Absolute garbage which is worthy of Razzies rather than on a best of the year list. It just goes from one badly acted stupid moment to the next, and the story the way it was told in this movie didn't really make sense. (in a different galaxy from my list)

18: A Simple Favour- Fantastic movie, managed to be hilarious and make me care about the dramatic parts. Anna Kendrick should have been nominated for an best actress. (5th on my list)

17: Eighth Grade- Haven't seen

16: Paddington- Haven't seen

Edited by Tower