department store basement

Which films from 2018 do you think will be well remembered in 10 years?

This is the 5th year in a row I'm doing this thread. I had a poll here but technical issues kept removing some movies so I removed it.

Which 2018 movies do you think will be well remembered by the general public and film fans a decade from now?

Edited by department store basement

Here's what I think:

Almost Certain

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

A Quiet Place

Bohemian Rhapsody

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Likely

A Star Is Born

Ready Player One

Annihilation

BlackkKlansman

Game Night

Hereditary

Venom

Aquaman

Deadpool 2

Incredibles 2

50/50 Chance

The Favourite

Roma

Crazy Rich Asians

Ocean's 8

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Green Book

Unlikely but I still but them on the poll when it was available

Bird Box

First Man

Isle of Dogs

Rampage

The Meg

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Always love these.

Black Panther, Into the Spider-Verse, and A Star is Born seem like near locks. Fallout also seems very likely. A Quiet Place will also be a hit with genre fans, while Crazy Rich Asians seems like something that will still have a good-sized audience. BlacKkKlansman will at least be popular with Spike Lee fans

Anything DCEU/MCU has a good chance in general to stay remembered, marathon before some new Avengers or direct sequel of them, but Black Panther was so big and described has best theater experience in 10 year's type, that it is a even more certain choice.

10 year's is very not along time looking at this:

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?year=2008&title_type=feature&

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=feature&year=2008-01-01,2008-12-31&view=simple&start=51&ref_=adv_nxt

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?title_type=feature&year=2008-01-01,2008-12-31&view=simple&start=101&ref_=adv_nxt

Is there any surprisingly forgotten/remembered movie among them ?

Slumdog didn't age particularly well (but that could have been true just in term of second watch), but it is still extremely well remembered and is very small digital camera high energy shooting had an impact I think.

Maybe Taken survived time more than expected, maybe some expected a bigger redemption for Speed Racer (if the sibling career would have went an other way, maybe it would have happened).

Crazy Rich Asians has sequels planned, has for Quiet Place, how does goes can change how remembered the first get (Imagine the last CRA is released in 2024, that not far from 2028)

Black Panther, ASIB and Spider-verse for me look like sure bets.

Crazy Rich Asians too because there are zero other big rom coms this decade. It fills a certain place in people's mind.

Blackkklansman could be one of the few Spike Lee movies people remember because it's one of his most accesible.

ofc all the other huge franchise hits that will get sequels, remakes and reboots till the end of time will still be remembered in 10 years, I just think in many cases people will remember the brand rather than the actual movie. I'm sure tons of people will remember and like Deadpool in 2028 but are they gonna remember which one  of the 4-5 movies was Deadpool 2 and what actually happened in it? 

BP for sure

However, Iron Man came out 11 years ago and people still know that film or like that film.  So I would not discount IW.

I think IW stands out from major blockbusters from the 2010s and other comic book movies for having the bad guy win at the end. 

However in the past 10 years the MCU has become beloved, maybe in 10 years it becomes disliked :stretcher:

Edited by Lordmandeep