That One Girl

Escape Room 2 | Sony | July 16, 2021 | Adam Robitel returning to direct

2 hours ago, Eric Bombay said:

So...is Cinderella moving? Or moving to Netflix? Bit of both?

Escape Room 2 will now open on July 16 instead of next year, where it had been scheduled for the first weekend of 2022. Sony already has the Kay Cannon-directed Camila Cabello musical Cinderella on July 16. For now, that movie will stay there as Sony monitors overseas markets.

There’s a chance that both Escape Room 2 and Cinderella will stay on that date given that they are targeted at different demographics. Warner Bros also has its HBO Max release Space Jam 2 on July 16 as does Searchlight with its Sundance horror acquisition The Night House. 

Sony Moves Up ‘Escape Room 2’ To Summer 2021, Same Date As Studio’s ‘Cinderella’ – Deadline

Good trailer. Shows a lot but is definitely exciting IMO. The first movie made 18/57M, so it had a quite good multiplier for that genre. And it's not a day and date release, no? I hope for a similar OW result than last time.

I don’t think they have much faith in this, it’s opening in the smallest screen, only 3 showings a day (Forever Purge has 6) and it starts in a few minutes and I’m the only one in here. I saw a 11.40 screening of The Forever Purge and that had about 20 at it.

I was supposed to do a Old/Snake Eyes double shot yesterday, but due to the theater COVID confusion, I just saw Old yesterday. It worked out anyway, because I got this in early today, before Snake Eyes.

Be prepared for your eardrums to get a major workout 🙂. Very NOISY movie, lots of screaming, yelling, wow 🙂...the movie is about

all the "contestants" being the smart survivors of previous games

. So you'd think there would be some poise, as they're solving the puzzles, but these guys are in a total screaming panic 😂. The screaming gets tiresome by the third act, but I'd recommend it if you liked the first one, there's some surprises for you 🙂

It did a good job of catching you up to speed on what happened in the first movie, or if you're new to the series. You go through so many movies that you forget a lot. What I remembered about the first movie was the winter snow scene. There's similar outdoorsy puzzle here 🙂

I can see a third movie...the end

was a cliff hanger, in which if the lead actress doesn't agree to return, they can write it so she died. If she comes back, they can script it so she survived the plane puzzle.

🙂