Noctis

DETECTIVE PIKACHU OVER THE LION KING WORLDWIDE

Detective Pikachu VS The Lion King   

28 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will be the bigger film worldwide?

• Detective Pikachu
    • The Lion King

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/2019 at 05:46 PM

I feel like Detective Pikachu is going to fucking explode beyond belief. With it breaking records for trailer views as well as reports indicating that the film has screened multiple times and the response has been very, very positive which bodes great. Pokemon is the biggest media franchise of all time with roughly $100b in sales. Pokemon is universal and appeals to a very wide demographic. As huge as TLK will be, I feel like DP will defeat it, especially when it comes to overseas numbers.

If the film is indeed viewed positively by audiences, and is embraced by Japan, then I truly believe it'll end up doing over $1.5b WW. 

Edited by Noctis

16 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I feel like Detective Pikachu is going to fucking explode beyond belief. With it breaking records for trailer views as well as reports indicating that the film has screened multiple times and the response has been very, very positive which bodes great. Pokemon is the biggest media franchise of all time with roughly $100b in sales. Pokemon is universal and appeals to a very wide demographic. As huge as TLK will be, I feel like DP will defeat it, especially when it comes to overseas numbers.

If the film is indeed viewed positively by audiences, and is embraced by Japan, then I truly believe it'll end up doing over $1.5b WW. 

What record?

I think this could happen. TLK will be bigger in US and Europe but DP will crush it in Asia. It will be close. But for now I’ll be OUT. But will revisit closer to release

• Like 1

How much Detective Pikachu clubs shall be get before the day is over?

Mewtwo is gonna break Disney in half.

Out, I'm not on the over 2B club for TLK anymore, but it's still going to behave like a BatB on steroids. 

I wish I could be in, but audiences eat up soulless shot-for-shot drivel like Beauty & The Beast so Lion King is gonna make a shit ton of money. Out.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:03 AM, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

The Lion King will look like a bomb compared to Pika Pika

Top 10 Photos Taken Right Before Disaster

• Haha 1

Wow people actually thought this could beat The Lion King? What were you people smoking?

• Haha 1

phew people really had the highest of all high hopes for Pikachu's box office. The nerve for it to have such an average box office run

37 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Lion King DOM > Pikachu WW

TLK WW opening day (in every market) > Pikachu WW

• Like 1

Hoo boy. Props for being the first one to call yourself out though @Noctis. Lol!.