MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, Warmaster506 said:

Disney loves to target DC films.

Like Warners does not target Dinsey  films....

That is SOP In the film industry.

No fan of the Mouse, but in this they are just doing what every studio does.

And the Holiday season is so cramped you have to expect heavy competition.

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, cax16 said:

I’m not a huge Star Wars guy so I don’t know all that much that. I see all the movies but don’t know tons about non saga stuff. I don’t think Aquaman needs to move but I guess we’ll see what WB and Wan think. 

If you open in the week before Christmas, you have to expect really,really, heavy competition. Most studiios bring out big guns during the Holiday season.

IMHO Aquaman is strong enough to co exist with SW.

I love the guy who accused Disney of targeting DC films. Not that they don't do it...every studio does a little targeting, it's SOP in the industry...but last time I looked Christmas..at least since 2015...is the standard Disney release date for it's SW films. What happned with "Solo" will only confirm that. Disney probably had an SW film penciled in for Christmas 2022 before they knew Aquaman 2 would be opeing at roughly the same time.

Edited by dudalb

46 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

Aquaman did take a long time from filming to completion 

It began filming May 2nd, 2017 and finished October 21st, 2017. There were also a lot of filming locations: Canada, Italy, Morocco, Chicago, and of lot of different places in Australia

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Xftg123 said:

It began filming May 2nd, 2017 and finished October 21st, 2017. There were also a lot of filming locations: Canada, Italy, Morocco, Chicago, and of lot of different places in Australia

Nowdays, though Post Production takes much,much, longer then principal photography, particularly with CIG heavy films like Aquaman.

I presume we will be seeing lots more of Black Manta.

Although he was sort of a supporting villain in Aquaman , he was much more interesting then the main villain who,IMHO was pretty much a Loki wannabe. I enjoyed Aquaman quite a bit, but thought the main villain was one of the weaker points, and wished Manta had much more screen time.