MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ugh, even Depp insinuates he hurt her toes in the tapes. Where's the same energy to recast Grindelwald?

I think they are both lying like hell, and we will never get to the truth.

Amazing how many people took sides on this based on who they were a fanboy of, rather then on actual evidence.

And I don't have parituclary high regard for either as far as their recent acting goes.Depp is still doing his Wierdo shitick, and it's not like Mera was a really demanding role, I could think of five or six actresses who could have done it just as well.

SO I don't have a horse in this particular race.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ugh, even Depp insinuates he hurt her toes in the tapes. Where's the same energy to recast Grindelwald?

That would first require a modicum of interest for Fantastic B3asts. Shit's gonna bomb bad

20 hours ago, jking123 said:

nah fuck that just recast dont write out the character.

I didn't even say write Mera out. . . or even recast. It would be a monumental moment of stupidity to write Mera out of the movie after how legitimately big her supporting main role was (as well as that iconic red wine attack scene). The original film's is basically an underwater Romancing the Stone so she's needed for a sequel.

I'd rather them keep Heard as Mera (who I actually LIKE as the character) AND introduce Dolphin. 

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Plenty of time for WB to come to a decision but you're kidding yourselves if you think it won't be a story on the press tour if shes still around.

Any press is good press for the movie as seen with Joker

Edited by DlAMONDZ

On 2/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, DlAMONDZ said:

Any press is good press for the movie as seen with Joker

It's different? The problem was the movie and the assumptions people were making over it! At least when Joaquin was making these interviews people weren't seeing a Studio backing a shitty person but an incredible artist.Same can't be said for Heard...

17 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Because he sucked in the first one and literally ruined the ending.

Yes, but I have to agree with Noctis that the "any publicty is good publicity" is bullshit, as any professional PR person will tell you.

I’m not trying to brush off DV with what I’m about to say but umm two years from now the general public isn’t going to care about this story....if they even care about it to begin with. So the box office will not be affected by this in the slightest. And if anything, WB recasting her would make the situation worse and bring about a ton of questions on why they recast her  whether it’s from people who had no idea about the situation or people who knew about the situation but are asking why they recasted her but haven’t recasted people involved with DV in the past. 

I know it’s probably an unpopular opinion amongst PR people but sometimes not reacting and not responding is the best thing a celebrity or a studio can do. Because the controversy blows over and the internet moves onto the next one. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nova said:

I’m not trying to brush off DV with what I’m about to say but umm two years from now the general public isn’t going to care about this story....if they even care about it to begin with. So the box office will not be affected by this in the slightest. And if anything, WB recasting her would make the situation worse and bring about a ton of questions on why they recast her  whether it’s from people who had no idea about the situation or people who knew about the situation but are asking why they recasted her but haven’t recasted people involved with DV in the past. 

I know it’s probably an unpopular opinion amongst PR people but sometimes not reacting and not responding is the best thing a celebrity or a studio can do. Because the controversy blows over and the internet moves onto the next one. 

Pragmatically I suspect this is the correct take unless even more damning evidence came to light and got public traction.

• Like 1

I rewatched the first film a few days ago and genuinely loved it this time. Yeah, it's dumb and there are some obvious flaws but I don't think I've seen spectacle work so well in a movie since Avatar and in a comic book movie since Speed Racer. Also one of the very few superhero movies with large scale battles where you can actually what's happening (the only other one I can think of is the first Avengers). I also think it has a lot more heart than people give it credit for. Went from a 6/10 as soon as I watched the movie the first time to a 9/10 now.

Hopefully James Wan leans more into the absurdity and cheesy sincerity of the first film with the sequel. Because that's why it works so well even with all it's flaws.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Went from a 6/10 as soon as I watched the movie the first time to a 9/10 now.

besides Endgame, Aquaman was the best theater experience for a CBM for me in recent years. did you watch AQM the first time in theaters? it still held up when I saw it at again at home but watching it on the big screen was something else.