MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

The thing about this is that there was no slot in 2021 which they already had three movies there (Batman, Suicide Squad and Black Adam) so this was announced for 2022. And considering that they want the xmas date again, 2022 was a obvious date.

WB needs to consider to release four films in one year to make this 5-year gap less annoying.

23 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This isn’t filming till mid 2021 at the earliest so the dec 22 slot is fine. 

But I don't think this would open one month after The Flash. Maybe a calendar like this would be fine:

March - The Batman

June - Black Adam

October - The Flash

December - Aquaman

2 minutes ago, belblazer said:

But I don't think this would open one month after The Flash. Maybe a calendar like this would be fine:

March - The Batman

June - Black Adam

October - The Flash

December - Aquaman

Probably ya, I’m sure things are going to continue to move around for the next 6-12 months. 

My bet is that this will ultimately move to Summer 2023.  Obviously the latter half of delays will be due to COVID issues - but yeah, I also think they're taking too long for this.  My bet is that it won't beat the gross of the first one for various reasons.  

I also still have doubts about Flash even getting made.  It has 20+ years of unmade scripts behind it, an "iffy" main star, and a debacle of a team-up film that introduced the character on the big screen (no matter how the Snyder Cut may "redeem" him).  But Black Adam also has a looooong development and has now been "taken off the schedule" despite casting major roles...interesting.  But we are in unprecedented times.  

Aquaman 2 is more of a sure bet to get made, regardless of delay - it has a Billion-dollar grosser behind it.  

15 minutes ago, Macleod said:

My bet is that this will ultimately move to Summer 2023.  Obviously the latter half of delays will be due to COVID issues - but yeah, I also think they're taking too long for this.  My bet is that it won't beat the gross of the first one for various reasons.  

I also still have doubts about Flash even getting made.  It has 20+ years of unmade scripts behind it, an "iffy" main star, and a debacle of a team-up film that introduced the character on the big screen (no matter how the Snyder Cut may "redeem" him).  But Black Adam also has a looooong development and has now been "taken off the schedule" despite casting major roles...interesting.  But we are in unprecedented times.  

Aquaman 2 is more of a sure bet to get made, regardless of delay - it has a Billion-dollar grosser behind it.  

All of those films were expected to be filmed already if it wasn't for the pandemic. All of them will happen.

25 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The rock said like a week or two ago that black Adam goes into production after he films his TV show (young rock?). 

1 minute ago, MrGalactica said:

So you are siding with her ruled wife beater in court over the victim. Yikes for you

Here are some facts about Amber Heard:

• In 2009, she was arrested at an airport for domestic violence against her girlfriend at the time.
  • She illegally smuggled her dogs into Australia, and knowingly falsified paperwork
  • There is audio of her admitting to abusing Johnny Depp
  • Multiple other people have come forward and accused her of abusive behavior

Everything about that woman is incredibly sketchy. I’m not going to take her side, just because she’s a woman. By all accounts, she’s a sociopath and a narcissist. 

• ...wtf 2