MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

4 years is indeed a long time for a success of this magnitude -- Nolan's Batman was the exception to the rule.  If they stick to 2022, it's virtually guaranteed Aquabro will show up in something else prior...or...there will be at least one other major DC hero that cameos/co-stars in this, to make the wait worth it.  They might even turn it into what Hollywood used to call "a two-hander."  The only way to "top" the first film in spectacle is with better characters, better story...and one or two "new" characters.  Those are my predictions. 

• Like 1

Why 4 years though? maybe they have more in the pipeline then they are letting on between then. thought for sure Dec 2021 would be the release date.  Unless Wan is really busy and they really want him direct the next one (which he should).

So it'a looking like 

April 2019 Shazam!

October 2019 Joker

February 2020 Birds of Prey

June 2020 Wonder Woman 1984

June 2021 Batman

August 2021 The Suicide Squad 

December 2022 Aquaman 2

Am I missing some films, I know there are alot in talks. 

I hope The Flash is in there somewhere. has there been any movement on Batgirl or Supergirl? a new Superman film would be great. but I don't know.

26 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Why 4 years though? maybe they have more in the pipeline then they are letting on between then. thought for sure Dec 2021 would be the release date.  Unless Wan is really busy and they really want him direct the next one (which he should).

So it'a looking like 

April 2019 Shazam!

October 2019 Joker

June 2021 Batman

December 2022 Aquaman 2

I hope The Flash is in there somewhere. has there been any movement on Batgirl or Supergirl? a new Superman film would be great. but I don't know.

Technically this is the unofficial schedule, as far as dates that the studios have slotted out:

April 5, 2019 - Shazam!
April 12, 2019 - Hellboy
April 26, 2019 - Avengers: Endgame
June 7, 2019 - Dark Phoenix
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home
August 2, 2019 - New Mutants
October 4, 2019 - Joker

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
March 13, 2020 - Gambit
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 5, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984
June 26, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
July 31, 2020 - Sony/Marvel Morbius Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel (Venom 2)
November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
March 5, 2021 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film
June 25, 2021 - Batman Film
August 6, 2021 - Suicide Squad Sequel
November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
December 22, 2022 - Aquaman 2

15 minutes ago, a2k said:

Ignoring change in actors playing the SH, when was the last time an SH sequel had a 4 year gap from the predecessor?

TDK -> TDKR 

Thor 2 -> Thor 3

Wolverine -> Logan (~4yr)

Dr Strange -> Dr Strange 2 (Yup you wouldn't even know how fast this one passes when so much is happening around MCU)

Suicide Squad -> 2side Squad (??)

56 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

TDK -> TDKR 

Thor 2 -> Thor 3

Wolverine -> Logan (~4yr)

Dr Strange -> Dr Strange 2 (Yup you wouldn't even know how fast this one passes when so much is happening around MCU)

Suicide Squad -> 2side Squad (??)

SS and SS2 will have different characters so didn't count that.

In case of Thor, Wolverine and DS they at least made an appearance in between : Thor in AOU, CW, Wolverine in in DOFP, DS in AIW (off the top of my head. may have forgotten a movie or two)

If Aquaman does not make an appearance before AQM2 then it will be only similar to TDK -> TDKR imo.

On 2/28/2019 at 2:44 PM, Kalo said:

So it'a looking like 

April 2019 Shazam!

October 2019 Joker

June 2021 Batman

December 2022 Aquaman 2

I think Flash or New Gods will be early 2021. They are just holding on to the announcement. Probably New Gods for 2022. If they start shooting Flash/New Gods in January 2020 a March/April 2021 release is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heat Vision said:

I think Flash or New Gods will be early 2021. They are just holding on to the announcement. Probably New Gods for 2022. If they start shooting Flash/New Gods in January 2020 a March/April 2021 release is possible.

The producer for black Adam said they are looking to start shooting in early 2020 also. 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:44 PM, Macleod said:

4 years is indeed a long time for a success of this magnitude -- Nolan's Batman was the exception to the rule.  If they stick to 2022, it's virtually guaranteed Aquabro will show up in something else prior...or...there will be at least one other major DC hero that cameos/co-stars in this, to make the wait worth it.  They might even turn it into what Hollywood used to call "a two-hander."  The only way to "top" the first film in spectacle is with better characters, better story...and one or two "new" characters.  Those are my predictions. 

Showing up in other movies isn't happening going by recent comments

For whatever reason they're putting Aquaman on hold for 4 years. My guess is Wan wants to do something else in between

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Showing up in other movies isn't happening going by recent comments

For whatever reason they're putting Aquaman on hold for 4 years. My guess is Wan wants to do something else in between

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I still say Aquamomoa won't be offscreen for four years.  Something will happen...perhaps a mid-wait short?  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:44 PM, Kalo said:

So it'a looking like 

April 2019 Shazam!

October 2019 Joker

June 2021 Batman

December 2022 Aquaman 2

really feels like when a studio has a big hit at Christmas, they insist the follow up must be only released at christmas, so they gotta find a December that has no Avatar.

also remember they have a spin off being released before this, so can keep interest in aquaman sequel while making us wait longer.

• Like 1

releasing on the same day as a Star Wars movie now. Wonder if they will move it. Remember, IMAX and Premium screens could play a factor as Disney likely is able to get first dibs on them

I hope they move it up and now push it back if they do move it. Maybe to November

• Like 1