MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

So I accidentally stumbled across the trailer music for this on Spotify. Judging by the release date, we were meant to have a trailer around the first of April but WB released the Blue Beetle trailer instead on the 3rd of April (which this guy also composed).

https://open.spotify.com/track/5vuaYIJsBFULm5HuvAIiIq?si=7wXWnjuVQdi6UI_dYbsqrA

• Astonished 1

55 minutes ago, Shivam6969 said:

Can it repeat the success of the first film?

What do you think?

I mean we'll see as we get closer, but if I had to guess? No. Holiday weekdays will help it a lot but I'm thinking like 40-60 OW and like 200-250 maybe at best. Really depends on the trailer's reception, DC fatigue (It's possible after four damn movies this year), critical reception (Even though the first film was able to power through despite being kind of middlingly received) etc.

Yeah I think people are understimating this film lmfao

The first film's success had little to nothing to do with the DC brand so the state of the brand is worthless to determine whether this can be a huge success or not, it also had little to do with the quality of the movie. It had everything to do though with December legs and also with the visuals. It'll have December and January all to itself, and as long as Wan is able to deliver on the visuals like in the first movie, there is no reason to think audiences wouldn't flock again to see it this time around. 

22 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Wonka? Ghostbusters?

Yeaaah that's hardly any meaningful competition especially in the context of December where audiences tend to favor big spectacle; of which Aquaman will have much more. 

Edited by 21C