MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

3 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

The original had a 40/60 split excluding China and Russia. So in that case probably 90 dom 135 OS 35 China 260 WW

Yeah I just wasn't too sure with the OS reception considering the meh reviews coming out of Europe. Though I suspect Asia and LATAM may yield better reception. 

4 minutes ago, dallas said:

Yeah I just wasn't too sure with the OS reception considering the meh reviews coming out of Europe. Though I suspect Asia and LATAM may yield better reception. 

Sure but I don't think the reception will make it that insanely domestic heavy. Like Shazam 2 with poor reception has almost an identical DOM/OS-China-Russia split as Shazam 1

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Sure but I don't think the reception will make it that insanely domestic heavy. Like Shazam 2 with poor reception has almost an identical DOM/OS-China-Russia split as Shazam 1

True. I also suppose there is a chance audiences disagree with critics and enjoy the movie (though I admit that's a long shot). 

Based on current run rate for China BO today (based on Maoyan), i think this will again beat estimates - ard at 18m Yuan at 7pm (GMT +8) and Maoyan is estimating 21.8m Yuan today. We have 3 hrs to go.

Let's see whether total estimates revise upwards tonight (again); showtimes tomorrow trending up. From 32.2% of all showtimes today to 34.4% tomorrow.

Edited by TigerPaw

8 hours ago, dallas said:

Which makes Blue Beetle's legs so remarkable. That film came out with nearly a 3.0x multiplier. That's pretty damn good for a modern CBM

Eh, Blue Beetle opened lower and released at a perfect time....end of summer, Labor Day weekend and Cinema Day to boost its run.  Even, after all that it did 2.9x its opening weekend a little better than Haunted Mansion's 2,81x multiplier. 

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Based on current run rate for China BO today (based on Maoyan), i think this will again beat estimates - ard at 18m Yuan at 7pm (GMT +8) and Maoyan is estimating 21.8m Yuan today. We have 3 hrs to go.

Let's see whether total estimates revise upwards tonight (again); showtimes tomorrow trending up. From 32.2% of all showtimes today to 34.4% tomorrow.

Yep. Will definitely best estimates. Looks like good WOM is at least taking effect somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

People were laughing so hard at Flash.

Then Marvels was like hold my beer.

But Aquaman saying hold my beer right after Marvels.

I genuinely don't think Aquaman will perform as badly as The Marvels.

Quality wise it is definitely better than The Marvels; but I think RT score will be lower noting Marvel films tend to have higher RT scores.. so let's see how much RT impacts box office.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1