MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

I think we have seen enough, Aquaman 2 would have epic collapse in China like MI6 to MI7 , and CA1 to CA2. In term of absolute number, Aquaman could even top them. Both MI7 and CM2 drop 130m+ from their predecessor. If Maoyan prediction turns out true, the collaspe of Aquaman 2 would be epic 250m! The collapse is gonna be so epic, it is actually bigger than ATOW's BO in China!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XXR Delayed Until 2025 said:

My lord is this even gonna make $200M worldwide? I was trying not to discount it too much because of the holidays but every time a new number is posted it seems to go lower and lower.

can it really miss 100 dom?

as long as it gets to 100 dom it reaches flash, only starts getting a bit dicey in the 80 million range, and I just can't wrap my head around that happening 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is Momoa the only person from this doing any press for it? The entire release just feels so quiet and ready to move on for a sequel to such a big hit.

who else is there other than patrick wilson?

wan maybe, but I dont think him doing press changes anything 

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is Momoa the only person from this doing any press for it? The entire release just feels so quiet and ready to move on for a sequel to such a big hit.

At this point I think even Momoa knows it's going to flop. Momoa still has to fulfill his contract by promoting the film.

Kind how like Gunn probably wanted to wash his hands of GOTG3 the moment he finished making that film, but he still had to do promos for months afterwards.

Edited by Mojoguy

Just now, Mojoguy said:

At this point I think even Moama knows it's going to flop. Moana still has to fulfill his contract by promoting the film.

Kind how like Gunn probably wanted to wash his hands of GOTG3 the moment he finished making that film, but he still had to do promos for months afterwards.

From Momoa to Moama to Moana, he sure did quite the transformation

It’s just wild to see a sequel to a billion dollar grosser get dumped like this. Especially with it now being the end of the old DCEU. It’s like the opposite of how WB pushed The Flash. I don’t celebrate it, I’m still planning on seeing it this weekend. I just don’t think I have seen anything like it. 

Just now, interiorgatordecorator said:

who else is there other than patrick wilson?

wan maybe, but I dont think him doing press changes anything 

Kidman being nowhere isn't overly a surprise since she's filling the "screen legend collecting a paycheck" void here but Yayha is playing the main villain in this and doesn't seem to be doing any interviews? Guess we'll find out when the embargo ends if they had a good reason to just cut their losses and move on.