MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

11 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Wtf isn’t this really good? 

I wouldn’t put too much stock into it as generally fans on any established franchise are going to overwhelming rate in a positive light and it’s from such a small sample that viewing it as a bellweather for things to come is not wise 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I was not planning on it taking this long to get back here but that's what happens lol. The old 50-60s sci-fi inspired visuals go a long way but it's too clear to me that the movie has been chewed up and spit out multiple times. It's not the disaster it should've been, but it's also not the fun popcorn adventure it could've been - either of them would've been more interesting results. Having rewatched the first one not long ago, I don't think any of the action sequences top the best from the original, and while the glimpses of Wan's horror touch are nice, again none of them top the trench scene. A lot of it is a very routine sequel, it's hardly giving you a reason to root for it. I love James Wan and I doubt either he or Warner Bros. are invested in this film ended up being, and the audience will probably agree. But let's make a horror movie next!

Not surprising but this feels like the kiss of death for this movie. Feeling a 40s-60s RT score which won't energize anyone on the fence.

• Like 1

Just got back from watching this. A massive disappointment for me. Loved the first one, one of my favorites in the genre. This was just horrible. Honestly hoped that all the bad behind the stuff about reshoots wasn´t that bad, but the movie is very bad. Horrible writing, scenes just stitched together, the humor is horrible. The potential the movie had was clearly there aswell. Honestly think this will be sub 30 on RT. But maybe I´m just letting the fan in me go overboard from the disappointment. I genuinely went out of the first Aquaman hyped like I was a kid again. Here I just wanted to go home instantly. Even Wan´s style of directing and his visual flair was lost in this. Will rewatch tomorrow as I already had two trips planned but this is like a 4/10 for me and I´m nice against CBM´s

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bob Train said:

I wonder if this can finally break DCEU B CinemaScore streak.

It won't save it from flopping (and at this point, the DCEU has so much baggage that obtaining that high of a CinemaScore is hard, as we saw with Blue Beetle), but would be funny.

I think it's gonna break the B/B+ streak the same way The Flash broke the B+ streak ;)

10 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Just got back from watching this. A massive disappointment for me. Loved the first one, one of my favorites in the genre. This was just horrible. Honestly hoped that all the bad behind the stuff about reshoots wasn´t that bad, but the movie is very bad. Horrible writing, scenes just stitched together, the humor is horrible. The potential the movie had was clearly there aswell. Honestly think this will be sub 30 on RT. But maybe I´m just letting the fan in me go overboard from the disappointment. I genuinely went out of the first Aquaman hyped like I was a kid again. Here I just wanted to go home instantly. Even Wan´s style of directing and his visual flair was lost in this. Will rewatch tomorrow as I already had two trips planned but this is like a 4/10 for me and I´m nice against CBM´s

How much was Amber in it?

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

How much screentime does Mera have? 

16 minutes ago, Nicson said:

How much was Amber in it?

Spoiler

She's never the focal point of a scene, but it never feels like she's in it less than the character should be. There are several scenes where if they really wanted Heard out of there, they easily could've comped her out. She is definitely a part of the movie.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Jesus, lmao 

no wonder WB didn’t even attempt to push this film 

Every Social media reaction I have seen says its terrible. Definitely its not making 100m domestic and probably the holidays will save it from finishing below Shazam as the lowest DCEU movie this year. Not sure how low it can go but nothing would surprise me at this point. I dont think WB is trying that hard to build any kind of hype. 

Edit: dont let actors write script for a big budget movie unless they have history of being a writer. I am surprised WB decided to take Mamoa's treatment and made this movie. not sure why Wan did it. It destroys your reputation doing something for paycheck.  

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1