MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

9 hours ago, Human said:

It is not getting dumped, and neither were Blue Beetle and Shazam 2.  They were marketed and suffered from bad marketing.  Aquaman 2 has a much better commercial.

It also has Warner's prime release date for 2023. It is not being dumped,and people who think it is display their ignorance.You don;t dump a movie that cost as much as Aqua 2 has.

I think Blue Beetle was not dumped, but  they did not make a full scale makreting push for it. They will for Aqua 2.

• Like 1

And yet Heard was nearly fired, sources on both sides tell Variety. Following "Aquaman's" release in 2018, the studio and Wan decided to drop the actress from the sequel due to her lack of chemistry with Momoa and sent a letter to her attorney, Karl Austen, informing him of its decision. (Former DC Films boss Walter Hamada testified in the defamation trial about the "issue of chemistry.") Those sources underscore that the move to bounce Heard was unrelated to Depp and took place before he filed suit against the actress in 2019. Likewise, Momoa was not involved in the decision-making. But another source pushed back on the lack-of-chemistry narrative, noting that Heard did a chemistry test with Momoa before landing the role of Mera and beat out two other actresses who did a similar chemistry test, including Abbey Lee.

Ultimately, the studio never pulled the trigger on firing Heard because her former boyfriend, Elon Musk, had one of his litigators send a "scorched-earth letter to Warner Bros. threatening to burn the house down" if the actress wasn't brought back for a sequel, says a source familiar with the behind-the-scenes battle. Warner Bros. caved and moved forward with Heard. (Musk did not respond to a request for comment.)

Whatever ounce of empathy that I could have for Heard it’s gone. Musk, Grimes and Heard can all fuck off for all I care. And people downplaying this as a hit piece for a fucking DC film or WB or whatever are missing the point. We are talking about people that think that can buy their way through anything and have at very least very debatable world views. Fuck them, fuck them all. I just don’t care anymore. Get Momoa to DC Universe and burn everything else. I’m never watching this.

• Knock It Off 3

?

Not me already side-eyeing some of you, fuckers.

Anyways, a portion of those notes from therapy were out there a few months back.

Johnny's crazy fans paid to have those released, and in them, it was revealed how Momoa & Wan had been treating her.

Nasty fuckers. Do not really care if this piece "exposes" them or whatever. Deserved for being shitty people.

• Like 4

It's pretty clear Depp has so many supporters in the industry, this is so vindictive and straight-up bullying. Stop hounding and targeting Amber. This is more than enough. 

Also, Jason will get another role in DC anyway, after all the 'fraternity' will support him. Such a weird behavior. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Like 4

Moderation

Just letting you know we're not doing this "hit piece" stuff. It's not cute of y'all to act like this is an "attack" over a dumb kids movie that's made by people richer than you will ever be. Nor are we going after Amber. I know this game y'all are playing and it's not cute.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 3

At least two Heard scenes were cut from “Aquaman 2” — an action sequence that found Mera fighting Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) and a love scene with Momoa — according to individuals familiar with the production. Other evidence of friction is hiding in plain sight. This summer, Momoa unfollowed Heard on Instagram. One source says he even blocked Heard from following him.

Damn.

2 minutes ago, Eric MacNeil said:

Moderation

Just letting you know we're not doing this "hit piece" stuff. It's not cute of y'all to act like this is an "attack" over a dumb kids movie that's made by people richer than you will ever be. Nor are we going after Amber. I know this game y'all are playing and it's not cute.

You're so real. ❤️

• Like 1