DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Remember: Yon-Rogg and the Supreme Intelligence told Carol that what made her powerful was the blood transfusion. We don’t still really know that much about Carol’s heritage, and I believe there’s a reason why we don’t really see her ‘Earth’ mom. It’s a narrative choice, her real mom was a Kree scientist too busy trying to end and intergalactic war that wasn’t able to raise her own child, but still managed to be present in her child’s life, although still using her as an instrument. It’s the kind of soap opera drama that I could definitely see it work in the MCU.

They were lying I think. Her power comes from the engine which got its energy from the Tesseract. Another powerful female hero who got her power from an Infinity Stone. 

• Thanks 1

There’s almost zero likelihood that Mar-Vel is Carol’s mother and that she wasn’t 100% human before the accident. 

The Kree lied to Carol about everything to keep her under control and to stop her realising her full potential. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly after that one thing where he was covering his eye after the car crash i thought the movie was gonna do a hot tub time machine running bit of him almost losing his eye. would've been fun.

Kind of thought so too. Would've been great honestly.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

They were lying I think. Her power comes from the engine which got its energy from the Tesseract. Another powerful female hero who got her power from an Infinity Stone. 

Or activated by an Infinity Stone? It could explain why Wanda, Pietro and also Carol got powers out of it. If my half Kree half human theory is correct, Carol could be like Namor and a "half breed" with mutant powers. It’d explain how Rogue could eventually steal her powers.

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

There’s almost zero likelihood that Mar-Vel is Carol’s mother and that she wasn’t 100% human before the accident. 

The Kree lied to Carol about everything to keep her under control and to stop her realising her full potential. 

How do you justify calling her Captain Marvel then? Mar-Vell being her mother would solve that problem quite easily. Her patent as a pilot and the name of her Kree mother.

I can't believe this dumbass "why is she called captain marvel" thing is carrying on this long jesus christ. Why will she name herself Captain Marvel, in honor of her mentor there boom that simple, done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Mulder said:

I can't believe this dumbass "why is she called captain marvel" thing is carrying on this long jesus christ. Why will she name herself Captain Marvel, in honor of her mentor there boom that simple, done.

i know these sorts of awful discussions are par for the course here but after seeing the movie and coming here to see the spoiler thread was 15 pages i truly didn't expect it mostly to be people arguing about the name of the movie. i really admire the determination of some to make this forum as miserable as possible. we've really gotta make sure every thread is just hell to read.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i know these sorts of awful discussions are par for the course here but after seeing the movie and coming here to see the spoiler thread was 15 pages i truly didn't expect it mostly to be people arguing about the name of the movie. i really admire the determination of some to make this forum as miserable as possible. we've really gotta make sure every thread is just hell to read.

I'm out of likes but boy is this a mood.

27 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

But you know who’s mother she TOTALLY IS:

TEDDY ALTMAN. 

That pinball Skrul kid better be Teddy. 

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

My interest in a sequel will greatly diminish if they don't bring back Ben Mendelsohn. And I wouldn't mind a director change but I doubt that when this film is on its way to $1 Billion lol

They'll give the directors another shot. Cap Marv was a tall order. Made the studios and directing duo a little tight it seemed. Played it safe... Much safer than all other Phase 3 movies. Prequel to essentially the entire MCU, first Ieading lady in the MCU and immediate bridge to the biggest, most consequential MCU film to date. That's a lot to ask of a pair of indie filmmakers.

Definitely could see the next one being a much better movie without all that baggage. Probably pair her with an Avenger or two as well like Ragnarok.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

They'll give the directors another shot. Cap Marv was a tall order. Made the studios and directing duo a little tight it seemed. Played it safe... Much safer than all other Phase 3 movies. Prequel to essentially the entire MCU, first Ieading lady in the MCU and immediate bridge to the biggest, most consequential MCU film to date. That's a lot to ask of a pair of indie filmmakers.

Definitely could see the next one being a much better movie without all that baggage. Probably pair her with an Avenger or two as well like Ragnarok.

True and if they gave Scott Derrickson the sequel to Doctor Strange they probably won't change. Hopefully the Russo Brothers do something cool with Captain Marvel like Doctor Strange which will help excitement for a sequel be even greater. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Doubt they'll do that when there's still a lot to bridge CM to GoTG and such and a lot of things to answer like Yon-Rogg, where the Supreme Intelligence is in GoTG, why Ronan's an outcast, how the war with Xandar started etc etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

True and if they gave Scott Derrickson the sequel to Doctor Strange they probably won't change. Hopefully the Russo Brothers do something cool with Captain Marvel like Doctor Strange which will help excitement for a sequel be even greater. 

Strange and Spidey sequels will be interesting. Second time for each director.

• Like 1