DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

The only thing I really didn't agree with in this movie was the direction they went with the Skrulls. Yes, it was a feel good angle but Skrulls are supposed to be bad guys. I knew Jude Law was Yon-Rogg so it was obvious he was going to end up being a villain but I had hoped he would be the behind the curtain villain, so to speak, with Talos and the Skrulls being the front and centre bad guys. That being said, Talos and Co. are only one group of Skrulls. Like he said in the movie, they just want to find a home. Hopefully this movie is just a tiny peak at the Kree-Skrull war and that we'll be getting true Skrull villains soon.

I like that they at least kept Yon-Rogg alive though. He's a constant in the original Captain Marvel comics so I hope he's exactly that in the MCU as well. We should be seeing more of him.

This comment won't be popular, but making Benning's character Mar-Vell was SO predictable (WENDY Lawson instead of WALTER Lawson). I would have been fine with her just being the form of the Supreme Intelligence but I wish Mar-Vell, the first Captain Marvel, existed like he did in the comics in the same way Hank Pym was actually the first Ant-Man.

I loved it! I can’t wait to see where they go with this character. There are so many future possibilities now that Disney owns the X-Men. Carol has a lot of connections with them. Also excited for Infinity War although I missed the last credit scene because my people wanted to go :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

well, extreme?

34 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

There’s also the fact that she may just be remembering who she really is but that for the last 6 years the Kree have been training and conditioning her. That will obviously rub off on you. 

yes

The last 6yrears she lived though, are still in her mind, indoctrinated to destroy the enemy...

Yes, her memory is back, but her real live is mentally in the farer past.

I mean sometimes I live a rather stressful and/or eventful live for several months. Some big things happened, like getting a son.... There are moments I feel like I am not really connected to my old self in the way it being not more than a memory. Short moments, but.... I am not the same as some years back, I guess no one is,

But I had never a memory loss.

6 years are a really long time. She will need months to really adjust, to find even out how to learn to get those two different forming experiences in balance. The Kree life is not erased, its possible its even nearer for now as a first response instinctive reaction

Saw this a few days ago but I'm all for the direction they went with the Skrulls in this. Secret Invasion sucks ass and they've pretty much nixed any possibility of that happening in the future. Plus it's just a more interesting way to do it; most of the more affecting stuff in the film came from the Skrull storyline and if you'd just made them their typical bad guy selves you wouldn't get those good bits.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It was a...typical...Marvel solo effort. They go all out every 2-3 years, when the Avengers production ramps up. These solo efforts...uh...they typically wont blow you away. 

Like Aqua Man, where they created a fantasy world? You see the shortcuts Marvel takes, to get the solo movies out the door. 

The Kree Supreme Intelligence is known as basically a huge head in a tank, connected to tubes. It wasnt gonna happen in a Marvel solo film 🙂. The Supreme Intelligence is now simply a reflection of the human you admire most...🙂...another actor. Its...tv level...decisions like this that you get from Marvel Studios.

Once you accept that Marvel is only going to do just enough in these movies not named Avengers, you can move on 🙂.

The all-mighty hero that was being hyped? I...didnt...see that. When she was helmeted and glowing at the end, that was badass. Yet, I'm still not feeling that force, that gonna crush Thanos and his gauntlet. I saw another hero that shoots laser beams, can fly, and punch things. I can see her HELPING the other guys beat Thanos, but not solo.

They had fun suprising you with who was and wasnt a Skrull in disguise. It appears though, that the Kree will continue to be Marvel's "aliens", while the Skrulls were a side race. 

Good movie, but Marvel's solo movie "B-Team" was at work again 🙂

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Retweeted

features 5 women in prominent roles (three woc) and I cannot recall a single scene where they talk about men. It’s hands down one of the most friendly superhero movies ever.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

Almost forgot, they teased  a full powered Captain Marvel vs Ronan The Accuser, which would have elevated the movie, but it didnt happen...

I'm thinking this is where the sequel is headed. 

Maybe a secondary villain in the first act with the Supreme Intelligence as the main villain. They still need to fill a lot of gaps between this and GOTG1.

(Also I saw a lot of interesting stuff about Deathbird/Shi'ar empire, maybe for the third one, Secret Invasion would be better as an Avengers movie but they can always pull a Civil War)

21 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Maybe a secondary villain in the first act with the Supreme Intelligence as the main villain. They still need to fill a lot of gaps between this and GOTG1.

(Also I saw a lot of interesting stuff about Deathbird/Shi'ar empire, maybe for the third one, Secret Invasion would be better as an Avengers movie but they can always pull a Civil War)

I assumed a sequel would be set after Infinity War, otherwise the timelines are going to be confusing. 

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

The only thing I really didn't agree with in this movie was the direction they went with the Skrulls. Yes, it was a feel good angle but Skrulls are supposed to be bad guys. I knew Jude Law was Yon-Rogg so it was obvious he was going to end up being a villain but I had hoped he would be the behind the curtain villain, so to speak, with Talos and the Skrulls being the front and centre bad guys. That being said, Talos and Co. are only one group of Skrulls. Like he said in the movie, they just want to find a home. Hopefully this movie is just a tiny peak at the Kree-Skrull war and that we'll be getting true Skrull villains soon.

I like that they at least kept Yon-Rogg alive though. He's a constant in the original Captain Marvel comics so I hope he's exactly that in the MCU as well. We should be seeing more of him.

This comment won't be popular, but making Benning's character Mar-Vell was SO predictable (WENDY Lawson instead of WALTER Lawson). I would have been fine with her just being the form of the Supreme Intelligence but I wish Mar-Vell, the first Captain Marvel, existed like he did in the comics in the same way Hank Pym was actually the first Ant-Man.

Feige hinted at villainous Skrulls later on, I just expect it to be more complex then it is in the comics which I'm for, in fact in the comics Talos is an anti-hero at worst and the Kree started the Kree-Skrull war.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Yeah, the movie was just okay up to that point, then she goes up to confront Ronin's ship, and my eyes lit up 😂. We're about to get an epic throw down to end what had been just an ordinary Marvel solo film. Oh well.

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

Retweeted

features 5 women in prominent roles (three woc) and I cannot recall a single scene where they talk about men. It’s hands down one of the most friendly superhero movies ever.

It's also one of the worst MCU movies. The gargantuan OW is due to the capital Marvel has built up over the last 10 years. Expect steep drops in the weeks to come. Fortunately for Disney, it'll still be profitable. 

• Knock It Off 7

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

Feige hinted at villainous Skrulls later on, I just expect it to be more complex then it is in the comics which I'm for, in fact in the comics Talos is an anti-hero at worst and the Kree started the Kree-Skrull war.

Yes, even Talos said in this movie "this is war", "there was blood in my hands too" (paraphrased).

I will not surprised if there are diaspora of Skrull people with leaders like Killmonger, and W'Kabi among Talos'

followers.

Maybe in Captain Marvel 2, they can show more nuance by having more good people in Kree side (like Mar-Vell) and bad guys in Skrull side.

• Like 2

• Community Manager

Man is Ronan a bitch or what? He tries to be so intimidating but he runs away here as soon as he gets any real opposition and then will later get defeated in a dance-off by Andy from Parks and Rec.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

couldn't Goose eat Thanos? or at least his gauntlet?

Seeing a knife cutting easily through a piece of cheese does not mean it can cut through a diamond.

Wong's portal could cut Cull Obsidian's arm. Then people start extrapolating: why didn't Strange use a portal to cut Thanos' arm or head?

The answer is Thanos have thousand times more endurance, strength, hardness and powers than Cull Obsidian.

Goose can swallow usual Kree people. Say Goose manages to wrap its tentacles around Thanos. Thanos will stand his ground when it starts pulling the tentacles and have it pulled instead to him and give it a left uppercut. And Goose will fling away with a few tentacles torn off.

Not my imagination. See when the aircraft/Quadjet took off with high G, Goose was thrown miserably against some support. It does not seem to have super duper endurance or hardness.

Edited by justvision
  • Like 2