DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

well, damn, something embarrassing happened. Someone in another post said how much they liked how CM chose the color of her costume. and then I remembered I loved that scene too. trouble is, I completely forgot about it until that post reminded me. tbh, I forgot a lot of stuff from the movie already including scenes that I actually liked. what's happening to me? :thinking:

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

well, damn, something embarrassing happened. Someone in another post said how much they liked how CM chose the color of her costume. and then I remembered I loved that scene too. trouble is, I completely forgot about it until that post reminded me. tbh, I forgot a lot of stuff from the movie already including scenes that I actually liked. what's happening to me? :thinking:

Dementia? 

See a doctor maybe?

:P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I remember everything. 

I don’t understand these people who watch a movie and have acute onset amnesia. 

it isn't something that we enjoy. that's why I prefer to know plot points and particular scenes before going into movie. it may have something to do with learning patterns. for example, I can't learn from audio and/or visual presentation. I must repeat the action myself or it just won't stick. 

38 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

forgetfulness is a bastard😛

Edited by Yandereprime101189

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

it isn't something that we enjoy. that's why I prefer to know plot points and particular scenes before going into movie. it may have something to do with learning patterns. for example, I can't learn from audio and/or visual presentation. I must repeat the action myself or it just won't stick. 

I'm pretty sure the theory that different people are better at different forms of learning (auditory, visual, kinesthetic, reading) was debunked. People think they are better at one or the other, they like one over the other, but when put to test there is no difference. 

Just a little tidbit that I had come across recently.

PS: I also considered myself a person who learns best by being hands on but after these studies I don't anymore.

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I'm pretty sure the theory that different people are better at different forms of learning (auditory, visual, kinesthetic, reading) was debunked. People think they are better at one or the other, they like one over the other, but when put to test there is no difference. 

PS: I also considered myself a person who learns best by being hands on but after these studies I don't anymore.

so it's more like a psychological barrier. or a polite way to tell the family their kid's a tad slower than the rest. :lol:

36 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I prefer to know as little as possible about a movie before I watch it for the first time. 

Same. I won’t even watch the trailers for MCU movies anymore. 

Well I have a feeling the Russo brothers take into such considerations such as power levels and such while I dont think the creators for CM really needed to worry about.

For CM the movie it is not a big deal but in a movie like Endgame with so many characters, the relative powers of each character has an effect on the film and how they interact. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Oh man... the movie was cringe. 

“I can do that!”

”no you can’t youre just a girl!”

*does it anyway*

Wow Marvel really shattering the glass ceiling with those interactions. 🤢

Endgame has an extra burden now. I’m sure the Russo brothers will manage because they actually have skill, but without Endgame this definitely was (or still is) going to hurt the BO of other Marvel films.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 3

6 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Oh man... the movie was cringe. 

“I can do that!”

”no you can’t youre just a girl!”

*does it anyway*

Wow Marvel really shattering the glass ceiling with those interactions. 🤢

Endgame has an extra burden now. I’m sure the Russo brothers will manage because they actually have skill, but without Endgame this definitely was (or still is) going to hurt the BO of other Marvel films.

I think the Russo's can really change characters around a lot.

DS went from a nobody to a well liked character due to IW. 

Looking forward to the DBZ fight between Thanos and CM. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

Saw it yesterday. Meh. 7/10 (was 7.5 heading out of the theater but has dipped since). GF gave it a 5, she's indifferent on Comicbook/MCU movies (Loved BP for example and loved the old X-Men movies like X2, and she's a feminist for an example). Which is actually a solid rating. lol But really the movie had issues in the first half and definitely finished stronger than it started, which is not the norm for most comic book movies these days (It's usually strong first 2 acts meh 3rd act. I'd argue the opposite for this one).   The cat was great, the the Skrulls were fun, and the soundtrack was a nice and nostalgic for 90s kids such as myself.

I thought Brie Larson was okay at best with a few solid moments.  The writing was meh. It felt like the movie was just going through motions. The relationship between Fury and Danvers felt super forced and not organic at all. Was also annoyed by the "Black friend" trope but her daughter is going to be future hero so that's fine I guess. Nonetheless it followed the tired yet proven true formula of an MCU movie for the most part. 

I honestly think Guardians 1, 2, Iron man, All 3 Captain Americas, Thor 1 and 3, Ant Man 1 and 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, Avengers, Avengers: Infinity War, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther were all straight up better movies in almost every aspect.  I have it around Incredible Hulk level, which is good actually, just nothing special and that's okay. It's def better than Ultron, and Iron Man 2 and 3.

Also, Wonder Woman was a much better movie too if we want to compare. No Man's Land scene alone was better than most of CM. 

Edited by jaybox

3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I always liked DS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think the fact he put up such an epic cool fight against Thanos really elevated his character to a lot of the MCU fanbase. 

Think it was a standout moment in the movie (along with Iron Man last desperate fight)

Edited by Lordmandeep

Doctor Strange couldn't be all powerful from his first film. And while he went OP in Infinity War, that wasn't enough to defeat Thanos, and that's a good thing. The evolution of the character so far has been perfect. Doctor Strange is a better "solo" film than either The First Avenger, Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel for that matter, but what makes TFA the "better film" now is that the sequels elevated the first film A LOT. I'm not sure how much depth you can go with Strange, but I fully expect Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel to be elevated by their sequels, in the same sense that TFA was. Scott Derrickson is an excellent director with an excellent eye for horror, and that's something that Doctor Strange could potentially benefit from, so there's that too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I prefer to know as little as possible about a movie before I watch it for the first time. 

mostly the same, there are a few exceptions

mostly if I am afraid I wont like it, I prefer to know certain details. Or if there is a bias,.. for discussion with my pupils reasons, teaching media means also to see between the lines, to follow the source and such.

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

disagree to generalsation, both are wrong in my POV

means I think pro it got overblown and also too generalized, too simplified, like he/she is a visual learner, lets give this material, ppl tend to try to put all in definded limits, but merge too many of those together.

but its also not to debunk for all. I work at an inclusve school (term? we have autism, extreme forms of dyslexics, other... mix with high intelligence and normal pupils). The most will learn with all of the material, but there are diffs for some how fast or how deep they learn certain things depending on material. But even per person that has to b split up, like someone with problems in maths might have problems only with a certain type of maths, like text presented versions, or only geomtry or..

Without trying them out, other problems might get missed also:

Spoiler

I had a pupil once who didn't get geometry like, the simple form of it.

Example: there is a drawing of a qube with something cut out or added on, calcuate the volume.

I found accidently per technical drawings out, he can not see those drawings as forms, for him its like a ball of knitting wool a cat had played with, but worse.

I tried it with colored bent thin one-string cables (term?), to show him the form, thinking touching,.... but it was he has a bad black-white .. recognition/seperaton (term?)

In the end the teacher colored the front side of a qube in one color, the left sides, the top,... with other colors. levels more in the back got the same color, but in a lighter tone. Voila, he could finally get points for those kind of tests too.

So he learned a only bit per touching in relation to the found method, but we found out something even more specific than 'touching' per trying it that way.

Other example:

I had repeatdly pupils and family members, all males, that had problems to grasp how to do fractions. All living in an inch-free region. Cutting through 2 Pizzas to split it up for 3 or 5 persons or... nearly always did the trick The same had later on often no prolm with math, no idea why for some that is such a (mental?) block. In such early pupils year a very frustrating 'I'll never can do that' can have an impact for years to come.

Btw, I do not teach maths here.

Edited by terrestrial
I hate broken keyboards
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I forgot a lot of stuff from the movie already including scenes that I actually liked. what's happening to me? :thinking:

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

a movie and have acute onset amnesia. 

or maybe some part is selectively forgettable... 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1