DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

32 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Oh man... the movie was cringe. 

“I can do that!”

”no you can’t youre just a girl!”

*does it anyway*

Wow Marvel really shattering the glass ceiling with those interactions. 🤢

Endgame has an extra burden now. I’m sure the Russo brothers will manage because they actually have skill, but without Endgame this definitely was (or still is) going to hurt the BO of other Marvel films.

Image result for thumbs down gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well I have a feeling the Russo brothers take into such considerations such as power levels and such while I dont think the creators for CM really needed to worry about.

MOST POWERFUL HERO EVAAA

- Kevin Feige ever since phase 3 started

37 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Oh man... the movie was cringe. 

“I can do that!”

”no you can’t youre just a girl!”

*does it anyway*

Wow Marvel really shattering the glass ceiling with those interactions. 🤢

Endgame has an extra burden now. I’m sure the Russo brothers will manage because they actually have skill, but without Endgame this definitely was (or still is) going to hurt the BO of other Marvel films.

There's no reason - outside of Gunn being dismissed - that Captain Marvel will hurt the box office of Spidey 2, Black Panther 2, Strange 2, etc. Guardians 3 could be further postponed simply due to Gunn being out. It certainly won't hurt the box office of Endgame either by the way...

Now, it could definitely impact the box office of Captain Marvel 2. But, if there's fear of that, they'll just package her with another Avenger or two a la Thor 3 having Thor and Hulk. Or, swap in new director/s and/or new writer/s.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

but I really liked that scene while watching so that's why I find it weird that I blanked out on it later. 

Yes its the same feeling when I unlock a skin in Apex Legends and forget about it after 15 mins

Edited by NamakFiskKa

I know probably every scene from CM beside having watched it at Wednesday to Thursday midnight. Sunday and partly today I was working, very much other thngs to think about (but did a lot of reading,... ere and... till driving to work). Incl some 'discussions about who-said-what' and more not directly related to CM

I have no problem if ppl like or dislike somthing, what I kind of find annyoying is when ppl smeemingly constantly have to eiher repeat that (only meant the very often) or interpret every detail like an opportuity to swipe at it

• Like 1

Frankly I wonder if they are gonna have Thanos and CM fight in the film before the finale.

Think it would do wonders for the Captain Marvel character if she gets a 'shellacking' from Thanos in the start. 

At least she goes on a journey or something. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Frankly I wonder if they are gonna have Thanos and CM fight in the film before the finale.

Think it would do wonders for the Captain Marvel character if she gets a 'shellacking' from Thanos in the start. 

At least she goes on a journey or something. 

It's going to be the same thing as Thor saves Wakanda...but not the world. Thanos is so screwed...until he isn't. it's never that simple. the fact that Avengers are joined by the most powerful hero ever means there's a catch why that won't solve everything. it's writing 101. if CM can beat Thanos easily, your movie will last about 5 min. so there has to be a catch why that won't happen right away.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's going to be the same thing as Thor saves Wakanda...but not the world. Thanos is so screwed...until he isn't. it's never that simple. the fact that Avengers are joined by the most powerful hero ever means there's a catch why that won't solve everything. it's writing 101. if CM can beat Thanos easily, your movie will last about 5 min. so there has to be a catch why that won't happen right away.

To be honest this is why having 'nerds' like the Russo Bros for making these films is best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the Russo's can really change characters around a lot.

You know, I keep seeing this sentiment, and I can HEAR this dog whistle.  There's nothing wrong with Carol or how Carol was presented on screen.  The Russos don't need to "change" her or "fix" her or whatever else you, and others making this statement, think they're magically going to do.  And I say this as like a Ride or Die, Russo Are Gods, Fan of theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

I wonder if her not being able to go binary is a way they solve the issue of being uber powerful in Endgame. 

Or she has to deal with something else to hold things status quo while the core avengers deal with thanos. 

Right now as it stands, she could probably bitch slap thanos in to the next quadrant which would be funny to see but makes for a boring movie.

• Like 1

No offense but the cringe comments are just insane. Suicide squad in comparison and BVS were pure trash yet I still liked them. Justice League was also worse. Cringe is you've got served.

I remember seeing a few comments like this about Black Panther and thinking no rationale person could believe the crap they are writing. I liked aquman a little more however I am more interested to see CMs sequel more than Aquamans. Granted, the villain in the latter has so much potential!

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

You know, I keep seeing this sentiment, and I can HEAR this dog whistle.  There's nothing wrong with Carol or how Carol was presented on screen.  The Russos don't need to "change" her or "fix" her or whatever else you, and others making this statement, think they're magically going to do.  And I say this as like a Ride or Die, Russo Are Gods, Fan of theirs.

The issue is not the character, its the fact she really had no threat in the movie that really made the film a tad 'ehhh'... 

I think Endgame will fix that. 

Characters do need a readjustment considering the setting and story. DS got a huge powerup in IW. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the Russo's can really change characters around a lot.

DS went from a nobody to a well liked character due to IW. 

Looking forward to the DBZ fight between Thanos and CM. 

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

To be honest this is why having 'nerds' like the Russo Bros for making these films is best. 

Out of likes right now but this is pretty much it (for me). Might not be everyone's cup of tea but when a movie goes full retard on what people can do (and then they don't) it gets on my nerves. I don't mean keeping a tab of exact power levels and stuff, that's just ridiculous, but respecting an overarching sense of who can do what is, in my opinion, important for internal consistency, but while never forgetting to give your characters and their growth the priority.

So basically, do what Marvel have been doing so far (mostly)

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I wonder if her not being able to go binary is a way they solve the issue of being uber powerful in Endgame. 

Or she has to deal with something else to hold things status quo while the core avengers deal with thanos. 

Right now as it stands, she could probably bitch slap thanos in to the next quadrant which would be funny to see but makes for a boring movie.

They have two options.

Either CM is weaker then Thor super charged as Thor beat Thanos with the 6 stones.

or Thanos is actually much stronger then either of them. 

26 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The issue is not the character, its the fact she really had no threat in the movie that really made the film a tad 'ehhh'... 

I think Endgame will fix that. 

Characters do need a readjustment considering the setting and story. DS got a huge powerup in IW. 

I don't think we have a complete grasp of the threat that Captain Marvel faced in her first film and while I agree that she hasn't really faced someone that could rival her power, I think it's clever that the MCU are planting seeds in her first film that makes her "enemy" bigger than let's say, Zod. 

How can a "Superwoman" or Captain Marvel fight an war and still be a superhero?  Would a superhero be able to "end" an war? By making the Skrulls the good guys and making parallels about immigration rooted in the real world, I feel like the "feel good" ending actually makes for far more intriguing questions of where the franchise can go moving forward. Captain Marvel has a villain that she can't really punch, something that she alone can't really "end it", regardless how altruistic and well intentioned her actions are. 

The potential for a Kree-Skrull full blown war saga and Secret Invasion - or a mix of the two - is what has me more intrigued with Carol and the MCU going forward. You bring in heavy hitters like the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, Galactus and the Eternals into the mix and things get even more crazier.

My point is, this is an anti-war film that questions if a super powerful being can really end an war. The long answer is no, she or any other superhero couldn't alone do that, albeit she did get an win. That's an interesting and fresh take on the "superman" concept, and one I feel people aren't really discussing yet.

Unlike the Nazis or Hydra that Captain America or Wonder Woman fought, Captain Marvel doesn't have a full blown "evil" enemy or threat to face. She is dealing with an war with potential for morally grey. If they somewhat adapt the source material of the comics, this is still an ongoing war that she didn't end it, and this has more potential IMHO than just giving her a "Zod" to fight with. 

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

They have two options.

Either CM is weaker then Thor super charged as Thor beat Thanos with the 6 stones.

or Thanos is actually much stronger then either of them. 

Hasn't it already been confirmed she is the strongest hero in MCU? Hell she went light speed at the end. 

The brothers are good though and I am sure they will have a good approach in Endgame.

• Thanks 1