DeeCee

***SPOILERS***Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread | ***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***WARNING SPOILERS ALLOWED***

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Roughly around the time this is set I remember lurking on the Lurkers Guide to Babylon 5. JMS would of course go on to write for Marvel Comics and the MCU. 

http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You too!

I tried to find anything B5 related then too.

Spoiler

There was a kind of Blog then (not really a blog, not sure about the term, all in Times Roman...., where people based in science discussed in especial B5, but also a few other Sci-Fi's. As in Professor of..., and some higher ranking engineers. And a couple of writers.

I was there the only one without a university degree or similar, it should have been a closed thing, I still do not know how it worked, I got accidental in per a 'side-entrance' as long as it was up. They knew, found me very funny (I am in a dry way, if no one tries to misuse numbers 😉 ), apparently I can have out-of-the-box ideas for them as well, and didn't kick me out.

Than some ~ providers, hosts, whatever killed them more or less without warning (the story of my Internet live, see BOM forums, and others too), no idea if they are still somewhere discussing.

The equipment shown in CM was for me in 1995 a very modern one, I started in the '80 to use computers, no CDs, no internal memory like we know it today, file management... solely per DOS. I agree I am pretty sure to get those scenes fully you had to have experienced it yourself.

Funny that after all the crying and whining there's nothing preachy or on the nose about feminism in the movie.

The only thing that I could think it might turn some men off is when she unleashes her powers and there's a "little girl standing up montage" ("I can do this all day" vibes) and that's a HUGE reach. It's a sweet "little girls will feel so good about this" moment, I can't really imagine what kind of person would get honestly upset about that.

• Like 4

@panda :worthy::bravo: peggy beard

@expensiveho

Funny that after all the crying and whining there's nothing preachy or on the nose about feminism in the movie.

exactly what I expected. they blew it out of proportion in marketing to create "controversy" and get people to talk or rage and rampage. I think it's called adversary marketing or something. but then you see the movie and go 'they got worked up over THAT? Huh?"

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

hey blew it out of proportion in marketing to create "controversy

I disagree strongly to that

Way over 90% at least was not created per marketing, the 'controversity' was there way before. With a core of those vs groups already existing even before that.

I really liked the first and second act of this movie, the third wasn't bad (specially because of Goose) but I didn't feel any excitement cause she was literally 10000000 times better than her enemies or at least that's what they made it seem like. Brie IS perfect as Captain Marvel and I'm dying to see the reunion between Fury and Carol in Endgame. The Avengers soundrack at the end while Fury was writing "The Avengers Initiative" made me be so excited for Endgame and then I literally screamed at the post credit scene, because of the excitement and because I did not expect it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Oh, and that scene of Brie smiling to Stan Lee almost made me cry 

I mentioned it earlier. Did you realise he is actually playing Stan Lee?

Just now, andersonhoran said:

You mean what? 

From what I heard of the scene, the character Stan Lee plays, is not a bus driver or cleaner or guard, it is Stan Lee. Think it is of Stan Lee auditioning for a cameo in another film?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

Oh, and that scene of Brie smiling to Stan Lee almost made me cry 

Not as emotionally affecting as the Spider-verse cameo but it was still beautiful. It's my favourite cameo of his after his cameos in spider-verse and the  Teen Titans Go Movie. 

Edited by lorddemaxus

12 minutes ago, andersonhoran said:

You mean what? 

Stan Lee plays himself in the Kevin Smith's Mallrats.  In the cameo in Captain Marvel which is set just before the production of Mallrats Stan Lee is seen reading the script for Mallrats on the train and actually reading lines as if he was preparing for an audition.  

• Like 4