Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

I dunno if anyone has talked about it, but are we actually expecting International Women's Day to have a big effect on Friday? It's not like people get work off for it or anything, and anecdotally, a lot of people I know don't even know it's a thing. I don't think IWD will have any noticeable effect on Friday, and I don't think that CW will be any more or less frontloaded because of it. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

I dunno if anyone has talked about it, but are we actually expecting International Women's Day to have a big effect on Friday? It's not like people get work off for it or anything, and anecdotally, a lot of people I know don't even know it's a thing. I don't think IWD will have any noticeable effect on Friday, and I don't think that CW will be any more or less frontloaded because of it. What are your thoughts?

International Women Day only really took off after a certain someone got elected around my parts. 

8 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

My take is that I agree with you.

• Like 1

preview to OW multi

CM’s OW if it has same multi

Iron Man 3

Avengers 1

BATB

Wonder Woman

Captain America 2

Logan

Doctor Strange

Ant Man 1

GoTG2

Thor Ragnarok

GoTG1

Venom

X-Men Apocalypse

Black Panther (3 day)

Spiderman 1

Justice League

Civil War

Age of Ultron

Infinity War

Ant Man 2

Suicide Squad

Batman v Superman

Dark Knight Rises

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

depends on the country, in some also on the city. Here in my country its a workday, but in the capitol (8% BO of the country) its a public holiday.

In Spain its huuuuuggggeeee. In China women get 1/2 day off.....

Captain Marvel is an absolute blast. It reminds me a lot of Captain America: The First Avenger in the sense that plants a LOT of seeds for Carol's own arc going forward and the MCU itself. It's a great superhero origin film, and while one can argue that Black Panther, Wonder Woman and Iron Man are better solo films, I came out of the theaters with the impression that when we have the whole picture, meaning, where the MCU is heading with her, we will remember this as one of the best MCU origin films. Insane potential for this character in the Avengers and the MCU going forward.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

DAT AVENGERS EFFECT 

😂

I can only imagine how big Thor would've opened up in this spot. Probably over 200m

Edited by DlAMONDZ
  • Haha 1

HTTYD3's drop is honestly pretty good seeing how CM's taking away a bit of the family audience.

EDIT: Also HTTYD3 seems to be very big on Saturdays as well so it might go up.

Edited by Mulder