Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 minute ago, Avatree said:

You think that now... just wait for GEMINI MAN AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER

AVATAR: THE WAY OF MISSING 2 BILLION AND CAUSING A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE ON A CERTAIN INTERNET BOARD TO HAVE GIGANTIC MELTDOWNS

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

AVATAR: THE WAY OF MISSING 2 BILLION AND CAUSING A SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE ON A CERTAIN INTERNET BOARD TO HAVE GIGANTIC MELTDOWNS

I make this promise now.

If the first Avatar sequel misses 2 billion, I will delete my account.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

quit a few its not the majority though not everyone will like it thats for sure but from the many many reactions that i have see audience really liked it this trolls haters cant impact anything now the legs can be bad but it wont be bc of them

Who said anything about troll haters? Just because you dislike a movie or the direction a franchise you have been loyal to takes does not make you a troll.  I'm a Marvel fan, but, I really do not like Paul Rudd, so I chose to skip his Ant-Man movies, but it does not make me a troll. Heck, I remember going to a theatrical marathon for Age of Ultron, and watched all the MCU films leading up to it. I was excited for this movie, and it ended up being a major disappointment. I have never watched the movie again since, so, am I troll because I hated it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Who said anything about troll haters? Just because you dislike a movie or the direction a franchise you have been loyal to takes does not make you a troll.  I'm a Marvel fan, but, I really do not like Paul Rudd, so I chose to skip his Ant-Man movies, but it does not make me a troll. Heck, I remember going to a theatrical marathon for Age of Ultron, and watched all the MCU films leading up to it. I was excited for this movie, and it ended up being a major disappointment. I have never watched the movie again since, so, am I troll because I hated it?

no you didnt understand i didnt say that, the trolls haters i called the people who want the movie to fail and etc not the people who didnt like it

Edited by john2000

8 minutes ago, john2000 said:

no you didnt understand i didnt say that, the trolls haters i called the people who want the movie to fail and etc not the people who didnt like it

Yeah, I guess I can agree with this. I was confused when you said the second group of people who are fans of the franchise, saw the movie and didn't like and tried to create bad buzz are trolls. I am a fan of Tyrone Magnus from youtube, and he's a Marvel fanboy, but did not like CM, and he never once was on the anti-Brie Larson bandwagon. Same with Jeremy Jahns, but since they put their opinions out, you got Captain Marvel fanboys calling them trolls and unsubscribing from them, all because of a movie. Makes me wonder who the real trolls are.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I make this promise now.

If the first Avatar sequel misses 2 billion, I will delete my account.

Same.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

So what do you guys think the OS-China gross will be?

Over 2 billies

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Do you think this is even a possible reality?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That 3D percentage is absurd, shows how much the format has cratered. 

If 3D is hyped for a movie people do show up for the 3D. Alita was prove of that with almost 60% 3D share. Same with The Meg, Ready Player One. CM was not hyped for its 3D. But its 3D was very good so people that did not see it in 3D missed out big time especially in the Space Battles. So i can't wait to watch it again on 3D Blu-Ray.

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

You thought Alita over AMatW was a possible reality so....

The best you got?

Avatar 2 is the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time directed by the genius filmaker James "Iron Jim" Cameron. Do tell me how Alita will have an effect on it's box office in a negative way?

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Avatree said:

You think that now... just wait for GEMINI MAN AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER

This makes me wonder whether the ticket price of the average 3D blockbuster has even changed much since 2010. According to Mojo, the average ticket price now is roughly 20% higher  than it was in 2010 but I feel like most of that change has been absorbed by 2D movies. Like, Alice In Wonderland made 80% of its business in 3D compared to 14% for Captain Marvel so even with the nine year gap, its atp is probably in the same range as CM (perhaps even higher). Its really a shame that admissions are not reported in North America

Edited by Agafin

39 minutes ago, Avatree said:

I didnt know that, however, CAptain Marvel is still the highest Women number.

It is interesting to note exits, which show the film playing to an opening weekend crowd that was 55% male and 45% female, which is the smallest gender divide among films in the MCU, but nowhere near the 52% female crowd Wonder Woman played to back in June 2017.

Yeah I wouldn't expect any female lead superhero movie to hit Wonder Woman female audience ratios.  CM is a relative unknown character, yet there's a whole generation of young girls who grew up with Wonder Woman Underoos, lunch boxes and the old Linda Carter TV show.  Any Wonder Woman movie was going to be primed to have a big female turnout as long as they made sure it wasn't absolute garbage.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

If 3D is hyped for a movie people do show up for the 3D. Alita was prove of that with almost 60% 3D share. Same with The Meg, Ready Player One. CM was not hyped for its 3D. But its 3D was very good so people that did not see it in 3D missed out big time especially in the Space Battles. So i can't wait to watch it again on 3D Blu-Ray.

that's not really down to whether people want to see it in 3D, it's down to how the distributors and exhibitors choose to show it.

I don't believe for one second that anyone was "hyped" for the 3D effects in The Meg. If that movie had a high 3D share it's probably because WB mandated that theaters must show it in 3D.

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The best you got?

Avatar 2 is the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time directed by the genius filmaker James "Iron Jim" Cameron. Do tell me how Alita will have an effect on it's box office in a negative way?

My point is other people's opinions hold just as much weight as your own.

• Like 1