Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

18 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

Well we really do not know the break even point for it or any movie for that matter. Break even points is all over the place for any movie. For Alita we have heard 350, 400, 450, 500 million. Its like this for every movie. Only the studio knows the break even point.

Even for them it is still a gross estimate, even too lot of revenues ramp up linearly / strong correlation with box office, prediction models are not perfect.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mulderfox said:

i haven't been to a cinema that didn't charge extra for a 3D showing.

Well that's what I mean, it can vary so much. But then so do ticket prices in general, I suppose.

I haven't been to a non-IMAX 3D screening in years where the experience wasn't made all the worse for it. 2D becoming the prominent format again honestly feels like a breath of fresh air.

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I haven't been to a 3D screening in years where the experience wasn't all the worse for it. 2D becoming the prominent format again honestly feels like a breath of fresh air.

should have watched THE WALK.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I didn't follow Alitachallenge so I don't know wtf that is but I'm happy it bombed cause of Jorge Ledeborg. he got away with Bumblebee but karma's a bitch. Jorgechallenge is a bust!:hi5::bravo:

he did ruin Bumblebee but I don't even remember him being in Alita. I had to check wikipedia to make sure he was in it or if you had got the wrong actor.

35 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

ok...

back to the matter at hand, they're wrong about Avatar making less than 2 billies. Not possible.

It’s only possible if China bans it or James gets embroiled in a huge scandal or dies. If those are the conditions by which Avatar 2 misses 2 billion I won’t be deleting my account, I’ll find some rope and delete myself. 😂😭

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I thought there weren’t supposed to be franchise wars here. 

The literal second I leave to get some work done, and they're already breaking my rules and making a mess. Now I know how my parents feel

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I didn't follow Alitachallenge so I don't know wtf that is but I'm happy it bombed cause of Jorge Ledeborg. he got away with Bumblebee but karma's a bitch. Jorgechallenge is a bust!:hi5::bravo:

Did you get this hate from the Wikipedia synopses you've read of his movies?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Calling Alita a bomb is big stretch. An underperformer maybe. But then again it was always a niche movie. So really how much did they really expect for it. That its on close to 400 million WW for a live action anime movie with a lead that is all CGI is a feat in itself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:
  Hide contents

SPOILERS

Hide contents

SPOILERS

Hide contents

Lol fuck you Tele I aint getting banned for spoilers you asshole.

Still love you tho :hug:

@Telemachos and the temptation of @CJohn a special event series coming soon to Disney+

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, mulderfox said:

Calling Alita a bomb is big stretch. An underperformer maybe. But then again it was always a niche movie. So really how much did they really expect for it. That its on close to 400 million WW for a live action anime movie with a lead that is all CGI is a feat in itself.

Alita was supposed to make more than AM&TW. There are receipts. Out of respect for receipt holders, I will not report them. :Gaga:

Just now, Valonqar said:

Alita was supposed to make more than AM&TW. There are receipts. Out of respect for receipt holders, I will not report them. :Gaga:

It's called a prediction numnuts. Also got receipts of less than 200m ww and less than Gits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

Mod Edit:Given previous posts in the Captain Marvel thread and other threads this was not a genuine question and has been hidden.

Brie Larson said that she wanted more diversity in critics circles so some white men thought they were being attacked and thus decided to "boycott" Captain Marvel and also troll its audience score on various sites. 

*Mods I hope I don't get banned for replying to this. Just answering a question and really not trying to start anything.* 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RichWS said:

14% 3D share reminds me that rejecting the format is one of the few positive decisions we've made.

Why do you not like 3D. Is it because you wear glasses or other stuff. Because i do not get how you can hate something that makes the movie come more alive. I love 3D its movie watching on a completely different level. Its pulls you in like a roller coaster ride. CM 3D was very good and people that did not see it in 3D missed out big time. The Space Battle scenes was so much fun in 3D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Hating on Jorge Lendengorg or whatever his name is has got to be one of the strangest actors to dislike. It's the equivalent of hating on Odeya Rush or some shit

Jorge is my Michelle Monaghan. :lol: he is unbelievably awful in Bumblebee, there's no way to defend him.