Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Brie Larson said that she wanted more diversity in critics circles so some white men thought they were being attacked and thus decided to "boycott" Captain Marvel and also troll its audience score on various sites. 

*Mods I hope I don't get banned for replying to this. Just answering a question and really not trying to start anything.* 

@DeeCee seeing Novas Post:

32FD456CB5142CADD6B7E5A48125581430430EE6

No mercy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Alita was supposed to make more than AM&TW. There are receipts. Out of respect for receipt holders, I will not report them. :Gaga:

Not according to Boxoffice prophets though. Maybe Alita or Cameron fans had it at those numbers.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

urgh.. that gif is cringe

2018 and biggest Marvel film yet and that's the best VFX they got for one of their moneyshot moments...

I actually agree. That small scene and especially Mark Ruffalo in the Hulkbuster just ... well lets call it unfinished CGI. Infinity War had some incredible VFX, but it was not 100% consistent.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, mulderfox said:

Not according to Boxoffice prophets though. Maybe Alita or Cameron fans had it at those numbers.

Box office Pro predicted a $14m opening and $41m total Dom.

That's with all their insider info and years of tracking experience.

They were were over 100% wrong.

Alita over AMATW will only be 40% wrong.

It's easy to laugh at predictions when you made none yourself.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

and btw

2. KEEP YOUR AGENDA OUT OF HERE. We get it. Marvel is the greatest film series ever created and all other franchises are below it. Marvel is destroying cinema and Kevin Feige/Bob Iger/Kathleen Kennedy is the spawn of Satan, and DC or James Cameron are gifts from God. Wonder Woman is better than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel's better than Wonder Woman. Alita's better than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel's better than Alita. Shazam is the true Captain Marvel. Brie Larson wants to exterminate white men from existence. Yadda yadda yadda.

There's a time and place for these kinds of statements...actually, there isn't. But at the very least, it doesn't belong here. If you want to start these beefs related to all of these dumb children's movies, take it to the Fanboy Wars thread right here. If you do this kind of stuff here, it'll derail the thread and can be considered trolling. The mods will not be kind to the people who started this, I'll tell you that much. Don't be a dick.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Box office Pro predicted a $14m opening and $41m total Dom.

That's with all their insider info and years of tracking experience.

They were were over 100% wrong.

Alita over AMATW will only be 40% wrong.

It's easy to laugh at predictions when you made none yourself.

Predicting the future is freaking ludicrously hard ahead of time and really, really easy to do after-the-fact. Not putting your money where your mouth is *ahead of time* matters a lot.

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Can’t we all just believe in our hearts Alita got a billie and leave it at that?

Hey, why not think greater? Alita has crossed more than 2,5 Billion 

Spoiler

Yuan

till now

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Just want to say that Alita is finishing closer to that 41 mil prediction than whatever AMATW made DOM. 

DOM? I'll never make a DOM club LordDex, as a telepath you should know that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Can’t we all just believe in our hearts Alita got a billie and leave it at that?

>Does it bother you, that I didn't make a billie?

>You're the most billion dollar movie I've ever seen

EDIT: @IronJimbo thanks for the 1000th reaction.

avatar-flops-opening-weekend.jpg

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4