Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

5 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

How is that the road less traveled? How many films are out there in which a woman saves the day "because she is a woman" (how does one assess that anyway?)?

The only way to interpret that is this for you, earnestly?

46 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

The main guy has admitted to exploiting the topic for more views and ad revenue. 

Can you tell me where? Is it a video? I wanna see it so badly now. 

49 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

The CHina thread mentioned that CM had the worst Sunday and Monday drop for superhero films yet, but I wanna know if it is for MCU superhero films or in general. 

For superhero films only. There have been worse drops for films with bad WOM. Recently, Fantastic Beasts 2 had a worse Sunday and Monday drop. Pretty sure that's not even the worst though. 

EDIT: Sorry. Misread your comment. 😅

Edited by KP1025

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

For superhero films only. There have been worse drops for films with bad WOM. Recently, Fantastic Beasts 2 had a worse Sunday and Monday drop. Pretty sure that's not even the worst though. 

EDIT: Sorry. Misread your comment. 😅

It's cool! I should have specified "of MCU superheroes or SUPERHERO films in general"...

57 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

LOL

I want to see a superhero film in which the lead character' inherent womanness is what kills the villain, resolves the dramatic conflict, and saves the day.

Read the Squirrel Girl comic book:)...she eats nuts and kicks butt, but only when other tactics don't work:)...it's how she's saved the Marvel Universe over and over...probably wouldn't translate into the MCU as is (she's not really in the right tone), but she does exactly what you want:)...

https://www.tor.com/2017/04/24/pull-list-the-nutty-nerdy-unbeatable-squirrel-girl/

Edited by TwoMisfits

14 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Can you tell me where? Is it a video? I wanna see it so badly now. 

It was a video. If I'm being honest though, I don't remember which one it was. I would try to look for it but he's made so many that it would be pretty time consuming.

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

LOL

I want to see a superhero film in which the lead character' inherent womanness is what kills the villain, resolves the dramatic conflict, and saves the day.

Well, in the original Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, one of her defenses is menstrual cramps, warning her that vampires are close by.

• Thanks 1

yes and no. We want people to stick to box office numbers as best as they can. However, there are plenty of dead periods of time with no new numbers, and other discussions will surge. And that's okay, so long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. So if there's no action, and you want to talk about whether Pluto Nash or Daddy Day Care is better, or who will win The Bachelor,

• Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 5:10 PM, JohnnyGossamer said:

Caps has arguably more style than any other MCU and feels very much like a Johnston film. Guardians Vol. 2 stands apart as well. And, because his style is his writing, Whedon's work on Avengers and especially Ultron.

Whedon did a rewrite in the first Captain America movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heynow said:

I am in an office pool for movie box office.

Can any body give me their estimate on Captain Marvel domestic weekend 2?

Any help appreciated.

I would wait a couple of days before making an official prediction for its second weekend. Depending on its trajectory during this upcoming week, it’s second weekend could vary. But if you’re desperately in need of numbers now I would say a 57% drop or about $65M+ for the second weekend 

7 minutes ago, Nova said:

I would wait a couple of days before making an official prediction for its second weekend. Depending on its trajectory during this upcoming week, it’s second weekend could vary. But if you’re desperately in need of numbers now I would say a 57% drop or about $65M+ for the second weekend 

Yeah. Thinking the same. Something like $65M to $70M second weekend DOM.