Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Did I say otherwise? If they had to pick one they should choose Alita.

Why does it matter to you what female character little girls prefer to dress up as?

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

Well it's ironjumbo do you really expect him to not try and convince everyone that Alita is better than the evil mouse? 

That evil mouse will soon become his idol's home. Jimmy himself showed some exclusive footages from Avatar 2 to the mouse emperor Iger, and the emperor showed the footage to the mouse shareholders in their recent annual meeting.

It's pretty different though, no? Cap Marv exists in a US that largely disregarded women. Wondy grew in a reality only knowing women. Alita came up in an alternate future largely removed from current or recent norms. She's also a cyborg. Each one is pretty different. And, to this day, Catwoman is best heroine in ant superhero anything. She's the true star of Batman Returns and it's really her story. Elastigirl is pretty great too. Furiosa of course too.

Truthfully though, I didn't really like or dislike any of the three being debated. All three have their awesome fits and flourishes. And, all three left a lot to be desired.

Cap Marv - 5/11

Wondy - 5/11

Alita - 5/11

All three should and will get a sequel that should be much improved now that the groundwork has been laid down.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Did I say otherwise? If they had to pick one they should choose Alita.

You know who gets to decide what female character little girls should pick to dress up as?

Little girls. Not you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UserHN said:

That evil mouse will soon become his idol's home. Jimmy himself showed some exclusive footages from Avatar 2 to the mouse emperor Iger, and the emperor showed the footage to the mouse shareholders in their recent annual meeting.

Nope. Disney and Jim are seperate entities, currently Disney is paying Jim to let them distribute his movies.

• Like 2

A movie with 150M+ opening, A cinemascore, good word of mouth/buzz and we're talking about the problems with it and how it's forgettable, lol. 

Having seen the movie myself, I would say it's in the second tier of MCU movies at worst. Not quite in my top 5 but certainly top 10. A solid movie from start to finish, with no obvious flaws, imo. That a movie like Doctor Strange, which actually is forgettable for me, recieved more praise from critics is baffling, indeed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Why does it matter to you what female character little girls prefer to dress up as?

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

You know who gets to decide what female character little girls should pick to dress up as?

Little girls. Not you.

You guys have a weird obbession with little girls dressing up? Disturbing almost.

I'm talking about which movie they should go see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I like to think this exchange started off the meeting

hC53DB109

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

AHEM

2. KEEP YOUR AGENDA OUT OF HERE. We get it. Marvel is the greatest film series ever created and all other franchises are below it. Marvel is destroying cinema and Kevin Feige/Bob Iger/Kathleen Kennedy is the spawn of Satan, and DC or James Cameron are gifts from God. Wonder Woman is better than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel's better than Wonder Woman. Alita's better than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel's better than Alita. Shazam is the true Captain Marvel. Brie Larson wants to exterminate white men from existence. Yadda yadda yadda.

There's a time and place for these kinds of statements...actually, there isn't. But at the very least, it doesn't belong here. If you want to start these beefs related to all of these dumb children's movies, take it to the Fanboy Wars thread right here. If you do this kind of stuff here, it'll derail the thread and can be considered trolling. The mods will not be kind to the people who started this, I'll tell you that much. Don't be a dick.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You guys have a weird obbession with little girls dressing up? Disturbing almost.

Ive read the posts again and i actually dont know how i got the impression with the dressing. Probably because of the role model talk whatever.

But the point is still the same. You dont get to decide which movie anyone should see as thats something every person decides for himself.

• Like 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

Ive read the posts again and i actually dont know how i got the impression with the dressing. Probably because of the role model talk whatever.

But the point is still the same. You dont get to decide which movie anyone should see as thats something every person decides for himself.

Why are you taking that post so literally, I'm not forcing any girls to watch Alita lol. If they asked me I would tell them to watch Alita, that is all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I love how you take our comments responding to your comment suggesting little girls should be dressing up as Alita and then try to act like that wasn’t your comment at all.

Good troll behavior 101.

• Like 4

Just now, The Panda said:

I love how you take our comments responding to your comment suggesting little girls should be dressing up as Alita and then try to act like that wasn’t your comment at all.

Good troll behavior 101.

please don't use the T word it makes me sad : (

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's pretty different though, no? Cap Marv grew up in a US that largely disregarded women. Wondy grew in a reality only knowing women. Alita came up in an alternate future largely removed from current or recent norms. She's also a cyborg. Each one is pretty different. And, to this day, Catwoman is best heroine in ant superhero anything. She's the true star of Batman Returns and it's really her story. Elastigirl is pretty great too. Furiosa of course too.

Truthfully though, I didn't really like or dislike any of the three being debated. All three have their awesome fits and flourishes. And, all three left a lot to be desired.

Cap Marv - 5/11

Wondy - 5/11

Alita - 5/11

All three should and will get a sequel that should be much improved now that the groundwork has been laid down.

Captain Marvel grew up in the US?

I thought she is an alien who arrives on earth in this movie?

• Knock It Off 1