Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

They already chose.

61v0W7GaraL._UX466_.jpg

In my house, there could not be a truer statement...although years ago, mine were Mewtwo and Eevee...they weren't gonna settle for the generic:)...

EDIT: And yes, Detective Pikachu is our May movie...

Edited by TwoMisfits

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I love how you take our comments responding to your comment suggesting little girls should be dressing up as Alita and then try to act like that wasn’t your comment at all.

Good troll behavior 101.

I think you should be the one double checking what was said... not Jimbo.

Sad world we live in where a simple comment about how I am happy that young girls and women have another character that they can look up to on the big screen turns into whatever hell this thread just turned into. Not everything has to be some big debate nor does everything have to be black and white. Pretty sure we can all agree that Captain Marvel (and other female characters) being brought to the big screen is a great thing for everyone but especially young girls who are looking for representation of that sort on the big screen. 

That's literally what my original comment was about. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Sad world we live in where a simple comment about how I am happy that young girls and women have another character that they can look up to on the big screen turns into whatever hell this thread just turned into. 

Yeah, im sorry i was a part of that. Sometimes a discussion can derail without much reasoning maybe the Mods should just delete some of the comments.

We definetly need the official Friday estimates.

Captain Marvel blowing up (as everyone reasonable thought it would) and the floppage of the MRAs/trolls in sabotaging it (as they fail at the sabotaging of anything) reminds me of this video (put it in spoilers cause of the thumbnail):

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Sad world we live in where a simple comment about how I am happy that young girls and women have another character that they can look up to on the big screen turns into whatever hell this thread just turned into. Not everything has to be some big debate nor does everything have to be black and white. Pretty sure we can all agree that Captain Marvel (and other female characters) being brought to the big screen is a great thing for everyone but especially young girls who are looking for representation of that sort on the big screen. 

That's literally what my original comment was about. 

Captain Marvel being in the cinema is not a "good thing for everyone". 

Not for people who don't like marvel films...

Imagine if the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on Captain Marvel had instead been used to put his dark materials on screen..

Way better female led story and no stupid superheroes :) 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I suggesting re-reading my comments, not once did I mention dressing up. Look at the part of the comment I boldened.

Re-read it, here’s part of the comment you replied the Alita picture with while saying “I know a better role model”

”I'm just happy that young girls have another bad ass character that they can dress up as, buy toys for and say "I'mgonna be Captain Marvel," when they fake fight with their friends.”

Whether you bolded it or not your reply came off as saying, “This is actually the character little girls should look up to, dress up as, go see in theaters.”

Stop playing dumb as if you weren’t trying to be provocative when the thread rules literally ask you not to make the CM v Alita comparison.

• Like 7

Since we're talking about female superheroes, here's a fun fact I just realized:

5/6 of next year's funnybook movies will be written and/or directed by women.

The sole exception? The one with Jared Leto.

Just now, Avatree said:

Captain Marvel being in the cinema is not a "good thing for everyone". 

Not for people who don't like marvel films...

Imagine if the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on Captain Marvel had instead been used to put his dark materials on screen..

Way better female led story and no stupid superheroes :) 

There is probably a debate to be had to wether superheroes are even good role models for kids in the first place. They are afterall very violent.

• Like 2

Alita: Battle Angel is hands down one of the best action blockbusters in years, and it’s said to see it as a tool for the MRA as a scapegoat to use against Captain Marvel.

That said, it’s nice that young girls have more strong heroines now to in someways look up to like Alita, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Captain Marvel blowing up (as everyone reasonable thought it would) and the floppage of the MRAs/trolls in sabotaging it (as they fail at the sabotaging of anything) reminds me of this video (put it in spoilers cause of the thumbnail):

Reveal hidden contents

Risultati immagini per well hello let's celebrate that

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Re-read it, here’s part of the comment you replied the Alita picture with while saying “I know a better role model”

”I'm just happy that young girls have another bad ass character that they can dress up as, buy toys for and say "I'mgonna be Captain Marvel," when they fake fight with their friends.”

Whether you bolded it or not your reply came off as saying, “This is actually the character little girls should look up to, dress up as, go see in theaters.”

Stop playing dumb as if you weren’t trying to be provocative when the thread rules literally ask you not to make the CM v Alita comparison.

Don't be so stubborn Panda, if you really want to go down this rabbit hole let's take it to PM's ok? Then you can apolguise to me in there.

• Like 2