Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Alita: Battle Angel is hands down one of the best action blockbusters in years, and it’s said to see it as a tool for the MRA as a scapegoat to use against Captain Marvel.

That said, it’s nice that young girls have more strong heroines now to in someways look up to like Alita, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

How is Alita being used by MRAs? What do you mean?

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Captain Marvel being in the cinema is not a "good thing for everyone". 

Not for people who don't like marvel films...

Imagine if the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on Captain Marvel had instead been used to put his dark materials on screen..

Way better female led story and no stupid superheroes :) 

1. Don't go see them

2. His Dark Materials was already made for screen - the first didn't make enough for a sequel

3. If you've noticed the box office has been near dead this year until this w/e - people had plenty of chances to see other films released and many just didn't

• Like 4

Just now, Avatree said:

Some right wing twitter user starting the hastag #alitachallenge where he suggested people should go see Alita instead of CM due to CM being anti-male.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Imagine if the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on Captain Marvel had instead been used to put his dark materials on screen..

That's getting a prestige TV show co-produced by HBO/BBC and starring Daphne Keen & James McAvoy

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

sorry I'm on and off line so can't follow page by page but it seems to me there's some shirt in OW expectations. people now expect less than last night (155M-163M). what happened and what's the projection now? caught some under 150M projections, WTF? 

We’re still expecting around $ 155M more or less. $ 160M is probably dead

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Avatree said:

There’s apparently an “Alita Challenge” in which some of the alt-right who are attacking CM are encouraging people to go see Alita instead.

It literally makes no sense given Alita will soon be a Disney product and also has a female lead, but it is a thing apparently.

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Some right wing twitter user starting the hastag #alitachallenge where he suggested people should go see Alita instead of CM due to CM being anti-male.

Oh fair enough well Alita is a good film so I'd rather rewatch that than Captain Marvel.

Just now, Avatree said:

I meant as in the Alita Challenge this week. Some (not all) of the people who’ve been against CM due to “feminazi propaganda” even though I highly doubt Marvel would (again haven’t seen it yet) have used it to support it this weekend as a way to hide that they’re not trolling. 

8 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Captain Marvel being in the cinema is not a "good thing for everyone". 

Not for people who don't like marvel films...

Way better female led story and no stupid superheroes :) 

1. If you dont like Marvel movies then dont go watch them. It's not like anyone is forcing you to watch them. 

2. Well they can take the hundreds of millions of dollars that they spend on male super heroes then and invest that money or or or or they can spend money on both. 

Again. Not everything has to be black or white. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

1. Don't go see them

2. His Dark Materials was already made for screen - the first didn't make enough for a sequel

3. If you've noticed the box office has been near dead this year until this w/e - people had plenty of chances to see other films released and many just didn't

I think HBO is doing HDM asa series

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Hahahaah I had no idea about this. 😂😂

These people have zero impact. Apart from some internet dislike votes, which means nothing. 

Hopefully next time round, the press won’t report on their nonsense for click bait. 

Ignore ignore ignore.