Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would say the most iconic shots in Comic Book films this decade is (no Order)

Avengers Circle Shot

Cap vs Iron Man Civil War Fight

No Mans Land Wonder Women

Super Sayian Thor in Avengers Infinity Wars

What do you guys think? 

Still get chills with the Thor lightning strike in AIW. The entire theater cheered.

FirstUnequaledHog-max-1mb.gif

• Like 8

Just now, DAR said:

Most third acts in modern blockbusters are usually the weakest sections of a movie.  

Fallout and Spider-Verse bucked that trend last year, but it's normally the case for sure.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Infinity War cinema experience is best ever. The theatre was getting in riot mode and pin drop silence through film.

Damn that scene when Thanos stabbed Tony.

Probably the most engaged I've seen an audience for any blockbuster this decade.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Avengers Circle Shot

What do you guys think? 

The distant shot when Killmonger falls down dead or whenever they fly into Wakanda.

Iron Man landing in the middle eastern village.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

Most third acts in modern blockbusters are usually the weakest sections of a movie.  

Thanos Disagrees

Personally, think the part where Iron man/Doctor Strange is fighting Thanos one on one and the Wakanda Battle going against the heroes and Thor Getting his hammer. It all mashes together and then Thanos arrives in Wakanda and it goes to a whole new level. Think it was the best third act in the MCU imo.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

You forgot about Justice League 

cavill_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVkR74_kydjgeTPI

An iconic moment in cinema 

This one movie resulted in WB cleaning house and replacing all the old DCEU execs lmao

(if only they replaced the creeper in chief too :ph34r:)

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Spider-Verse will likely become the most universally loved superhero anything since TDK

Maybe HBO's Watchmen could be that good too. The Leftovers certainly was, and it's the same show-runner with a lot of writers and directors coming back too. Also has an incredible cast

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Spider-Verse will likely become the most universally loved superhero anything since TDK

Comic book fans truly have the worst taste.

17 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Avengers Circle Shot

What do you guys think? 

Ben Kingsley in Iron Man 3.

Image result for iron man 3 ben gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

yes and no. The reviewer decide. If they decide, what the most do.

But not all. Then RT tries to find the right 'slot'

Counts for +/- = score and, also seldom, for the rating

= as both versions are possible, maybe the reason why some get confused

So you only saw those couple of comments + the 2 YT and nothing else? ;)

That is what I meant, I prefer to get a hint about proportions, but you do not have to agree to me.

If I take a look and use the impression I got here, I migt have formulated it like this:

majority seem not to agree, but I saw a few / some / 10% / whatever, that see it like you and me too.

= no one gets a :rant: reaction (a major point here to avoid), members get a feel for what your research brought up too, can apreciate the work :wub: (a major point too I think) for the little added detail even more.

If you do not agree to this POV, no problem, I do not want to spread this even more, it was more to give a hint how I think your research would be even more helpful.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. My comment was directed towards Baumer so he could explain what he meant by his comment.

Just now, filmlover said:

This film peaked at that moment, it's a real shame a majority of the third act was a schlocky toy commercial with a bad fire-breathing Guy Pearce performance. First 2/3 are top-tier MCU

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The plot twist is what keeps Iron Man 3 anyway relevant in most peoples mind lol 

SO it worked lol (I am still conflicted about it) 

Just now, TMP said:

This film peaked at that moment, it's a real shame a majority of the third act was a schlocky toy commercial with a bad fire-breathing Guy Pearce performance. First 2/3 are top-tier MCU

Definitely. The Mandarin stuff was great. If the last act was better IM3 Would be top 5 MCU.

• Like 1