Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

It's going to happen. People in film, especially animation, went ape for it. And, filmgoers went pretty nuts for it too. Hell, even the Oscars tossed it an award over a widely adored, hugely successful Pixar flick.

It looked horrific though. My eyes would have enjoyed  being gouged out more than watching SV.

It physically made my eyes ache.

not my favourite scene, but beside lots of already named / listed scenes, that one got a strong reaction in the cinema, and gets mentioned still in discussions about the MCU

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Marvel and DC need to find a way to team up and give us that spin-off. 

It would be like Traveling Wilbury’s of comic book team ups

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Why does it matter to you what female character little girls prefer to dress up as?

Your all wrong, the premier female led action movie currently in cinemas is sitting at a pretty 92% on RT and I'm going to see it tonight. :hahaha:

Just now, Avatree said:

It looked horrific though. My eyes would have enjoyed  being gouged out more than watching SV.

It physically made my eyes ache.

I avoided the film completely cause I found the animation in the trailers so unappealing. 

But hey it won the Oscar for its animation, lol. 

Just now, AndyK said:

Your all wrong, the premier female led action movie currently in cinemas is sitting at a pretty 92% on RT and I'm going to see it tonight. :hahaha:

Fighting with my Family?

2 minutes ago, AndyK said:

FWMF landed with a thud at the box office though. 

It’s #1 here in the UK, at least that’s something lol. 

The Rock would have you believe it’s been a huge hit in America going by his Instagram posts of course 😂

5 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

not my favourite scene, but beside lots of already named / listed scenes, that one got a strong reaction in the cinema, and gets mentioned still in discussions about the MCU 

The one gripe I always had with TA was the cinematography was bad. In just this scene the camera angles are so weird.

Just now, Krissykins said:

The Rock would have you believe it’s been a huge hit in America going by his Instagram posts of course 😂

He did that for Skyscraper and Baywatch as well and both of those flopped. It's just what The Rock does.

• Like 1