Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

6 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Nothing is guaranteed but the pessimistic turns in this thread regarding CM are...a bit much. I don't see this movie dropping more than 60%, if that. And having watched it, I'd be surprised if it can't managed a 2.7 multiplier. Even with "just" a 150M opening, that's gets it over 400M.  

No, its not for Captain Marvel but for every movie 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

No, its not for Captain Marvel but for every movie 🤣

Well yes but we are talking about CM right now and there is really no reason to think it's going to plummet. Can we get an updated Saturday number first? Lol  

Edited by Ororo Munroe

5 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Who the hell said that? And why the hell would anyone discredit Aquaman getting that far up with such a lame excuse? I'm actually legitimately curious, by the way..... because yes, every year sees at least 4-5 movies hit 1B+ WW, but it's still technically not regular and rare to achieve.

In the international thread. @Thanos Legion and some other dudes said a Billy ain't impressive no more lol

• Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Fighting with My Family is, sadly, kinda bad.  It goes through every cliche you expect it to and doesn’t do much with it.  Pugh is great but when is she not

How long before Marvel hoover her up?

There is no reason to expect Captain Marvel to have a bad drop. It's not hated and I'm sure it's as pleasant as most other Marvel films but a lack of competition doesn't mean that such a thing is impossible. If people hate a movie it doesn't matter if it doesn't have comp it will plummet. How anyone can use that "no competition" automatically means a good drop after March 2016 is beyond me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rthmar-vell said:

Couple hours ago had CM sat pegged 53-54.5m

Nice. Very nice! If that holds, then so continues the trend of even bigger Saturday increases lately (from true Friday).

2 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

These Pika comments are starting to border on James Cameron fandom level of delusion. 

No. Cause the difference is my comments are pure sarcasm. I mean what movie is making $155-160M in previews 

:winomg:

Except Pika Pika of course 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looking good for $155 million domestic, which is $30 million over what I predicted a month ago; and about $430m or so worldwide which is easily $100m over what I predicted. This is all Gucci to me 🤑

Just now, Nova said:

No. Cause the difference is my comments are pure sarcasm. 

agree. 2.8b is out of reach. with today's exr tough to breach 2.5b. let's go reasonable and say 2.4b for pika.

1 minute ago, Nova said:

No. Cause the difference is my comments are pure sarcasm. 

ah so those pika pika predictions are trolling. i couldn't tell if the forum is going crazy or it's an inside joke

• Haha 1