Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

Heh, found this post from last year:

I know it says it's edited but uh, you'll just have to trust me on that one...

(I don't expect 450M finish but still)

I like how the optimistic WW might be low by a double digit % 

14 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

So how big will Captain Marvel 2 open after this and Endgame? Make your predictions!

It's probably not coming until 2022, so lets see how things are doing then. If I "had" to make an OW prediction for CM2, I'd probably say about 10% over what CM is doing. I don't think there will be a 30% jump or anything like that, just like I don't think there will be for BP2 (I actually expect that to drop a bit.)

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

:whosad:

Gonna be $200K in debt 

Dafaq!?

Here in my country, you only pay if you screw up the whole year, and it's only like a 1000 dollars, slightly more. If you screw up only a couple of exams, you pay even less. I study architecture, my sister studies dental medicine and my brother studies electrical engineering, I'm pretty sure our parents would kill themselves before all of us would get to the second year if our higher education was as messed up as yours, lol. Anyways, good luck, I'm sure you'll manage to pay it off in no time, doctors earn quite a bit, lol.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I’m thinking WW1984 should benefit from this as well. A friendly rivalry so to speak. 150m is in the cards for her next year 

That is obviously going to be a massive opener if it is good.

Sigh...I really hate that I have to keep bringing this up.

2. KEEP YOUR AGENDA OUT OF HERE. We get it. Marvel is the greatest film series ever created and all other franchises are below it. Marvel is destroying cinema and Kevin Feige/Bob Iger/Kathleen Kennedy is the spawn of Satan, and DC or James Cameron are gifts from God. Wonder Woman is better than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel's better than Wonder Woman. Alita's better than Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel's better than Alita. Shazam is the true Captain Marvel. Brie Larson wants to exterminate white men from existence. Yadda yadda yadda.

There's a time and place for these kinds of statements...actually, there isn't. But at the very least, it doesn't belong here. If you want to start these beefs related to all of these dumb children's movies, take it to the Fanboy Wars thread right here. If you do this kind of stuff here, it'll derail the thread and can be considered trolling. The mods will not be kind to the people who started this, I'll tell you that much. Don't be a dick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7