Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

So 63 + 53 + (53*0.75) = 155.75m for the weekend.

The preview to OW ratio shows that CM was among the most front-loaded movies in the MCU since 2013 (AoU, CA:CW, A:IW & AM&TW are the only ones that had more front-loading).

I'm kinda surprised at CM being less back-loaded than the Thor threequel & GOTG sequel.

Edited by MaxAggressor

3 hours ago, YLF said:

Do you think BP being as massive as it was changed marvels plans at all? Wasn't Captain Marvel supposed to be the head of the MCU after this phase?

What ppl seem to forget: BP was already known way more before BP's release than CM before her movie (in their presentation per an actor/actress) = this does not take anything away from BP, but it is a difference.

We have co-leads with the actual Avengers, why do ppl look for a solo lead for the future?

13 minutes ago, Rthmar-vell said:

Going with sat CM 53, HTTYD3 6.670m,MFF 5.7, LM 1.8m, ABA 1.4m

in my opinion captain marvel will be so close to 160 ow that even if it misses by a little actuals can push it over

3 minutes ago, MaxAggressor said:

So 63 + 53 + (53*0.75) = 155.75m for the weekend.

The preview to OW ratio shows that CM was among the front-loaded movies in the MCU since 2013 (AoU, CA:CW, A:IW & AM&TW are the only ones that had more front-loading).

first this is just estimate and second not very suprised it had huge previews and the factor with endgame didnt help still they mutli is really good 

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

200M domestic and 450M worldwide would be a huge breakout for Detective Pikachu imo

Tame predictions of the Opening Weekend numbers, maybe a bit conservative, no?

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

:Venom:  detective pikachu hit 2 billion at ow watch

Dont be ridiculous, thats impossible. A 1,4B WW OW may be the ceiling even for Pikachu.

The Pika-Pika predictions are no joke here, pls dont mock them.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Dont be ridiculous, thats impossible. A 1,4B WW OW may be the ceiling even for Pikachu.

The Pika-Pika predictions are no joke here, pls dont mock them.

you will  see nothin stops the thunder it will destroy avatar you will see 1 billion us,1 billion china,1 billion japan,1 billion south korea and 2 billion rest  :Venom:

Edited by john2000

29 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Tame predictions of the Opening Weekend numbers, maybe a bit conservative, no?

I know you're joking but Detective Pikachu won't even be the number 1 movie on its opening weekend, it'll fall under EG's 3rd weekend.

Edited by RealLyre
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, RealLyre said:

I know you're joking but Detective Pikachu won't be the number 1 movie on its opening weekend, it'll fall under EG's 3rd weekend.

This answer is actually not a joke this time:

I disagree completely. Endgame will be frontloaded to a degree and will perform similarly to Infinity War, meaning: It will have made over 70% of its total gross by the end of its 2nd week of play DOM. The 3rd weekend (optimistically!) could be around 60-70M. And because i predict Pikachu to easily fly past 100M on OW, i dont see a scenario where Pikachu would go under Endgames 3rd weekend.

Pikachu has the potential to be a mini-Jurassic World like breakout. All the signs are there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

This answer is actually not a joke this time:

I disagree completely. Endgame will be frontloaded to a degree and will perform similarly to Infinity War, meaning: It will have made over 70% of its total gross by the end of its 2nd week of play DOM. The 3rd weekend (optimistically!) could be around 60-70M. And because i predict Pikachu to easily fly past 100M on OW, i dont see a scenario where Pikachu would go under Endgames 3rd weekend.

Pikachu has the potential to be a mini-Jurassic World like breakout. All the signs are there.

predictions like that is how you set yourself up for disappointments when DP "only" does 50M.

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

Endgame 3rd weekend will be 60M-70M, no reason to expect DP to open higher than that.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.pn

I guess you didnt experience the hype it got since November. Well we shall see on May 10th :)

Just now, RealLyre said:

predictions like that is how you set yourself up for disappointments when DP "only" does 50M.

If this happens I'll go see Dark Phoenix 5 times in theaters and you can quote me on this.