Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

personally i believe that is the most ovepredicted most people i have see think 1.3 billion could happend though

My prediction is 1.2-1.5b WW. This is going to be like Jurassic World breakout which nobody saw happen before it released.

4 hours ago, YLF said:

Do you think BP being as massive as it was changed marvels plans at all? Wasn't Captain Marvel supposed to be the head of the MCU after this phase?

As said it will probably be co leads as it is now with Tony & Steve

Though at one time there were rumblings that Strange was going to be the new face of the MCU before his movie came out  - that he was seen as the replacement for Tony (heh)

BP is enormous but it's not all T'Challa - so much of that was the entire concept of Wakanda and his entire AWESOME female supporting cast (mostly though OKOYE!).  Hard to take all that with him to The Avengers unless he moves the headquarters which could be interesting but then it takes away a lot of what's special with the BP franchise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

My prediction is 1.2-1.5b WW. This is going to be like Jurassic World breakout which nobody saw happen before it released.

Nah, loads of people here have been giving crazy huge predictions for Detective Pikachu since the first trailer. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Nobody saw it happen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

Pikachu can probably breakout if it's as good as the trailers and do something like 400M-600M WW, but the 1 billion predictions in this forum will make that number sound like a disappointment.

Well, this is the forum that's had weekend threads locked and rules changed because of Pokeman gif spam.

For the record, live action Pikachu looks adorable but I dislike  Ryan Reynolds voice coming out of him.  There I said it. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Agafin said:

Actually Batman Forever WAS the first the movie to open to $50m (it did $52.7m in 1995). Jurassic Park opened to $47m in 93. So the set is complete 😉

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/pastrecords.htm

Jurassic Park did about 3 million or so in midnight previews which for some reason BOM does not count towards opening weekend. 

We all know that nowadays Thursday previews, even if they open as early as 5 pm, counts towards OW. Then why shouldnt Jurassic Parks thursday previews count towards OW. 

Hence why I did not include Batman Forever. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Nobody saw JW grossing as much as it did.

There was an infamous post from a user here in the JW OS thread who said that JW will gross under Godzilla 14 worlwide :lol: And then JW outgrossed G14's 524M in its Opening Weekend Worldwide :lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Jurassic Park did about 3 million or so in midnight previews which for some reason BOM does not count towards opening weekend. 

We all know that nowadays Thursday previews, even if they open as early as 5 pm, counts towards OW. Then why shouldnt Jurassic Parks thursday previews count towards OW. 

Hence why I did not include Batman Forever. 

If preview numbers were reported I think it was common practice to report them separately and not include them in o/w.  This was done as recently as Iron Man and MOS (but that was b/c of the Walmart thing) .

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

There was an infamous post from a user here in the JW OS thread who said that JW will gross under Godzilla 14 worlwide :lol: And then JW outgrossed G14's 524M in its Opening Weekend Worldwide :lol:

Honestly that's nothing imo compared to some of the posts in my JW Over 100 Million OW club.

29 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Absolutely nobody saw JW's break-out coming, I had a ton of outs in my JW OW over 100 million club.

Just poking fun and reminding the forum of my glorious "over Jurassic Park" club.

• Like 1

Just now, Avatree said:

Just poking fun and reminding the forum of my glorious "over Jurassic Park" club.

I actually forgot you were around back then until I saw you were In on that exact club I was citing to you, my bad. 

• Thanks 1