Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

20 minutes ago, AndyK said:

As much as people would like to frame it that way, they're not hating on CM or female led movies in general.

The failure is Disney not giving sufficient guidance and media training to its new employees.

It’s because precious man babies of the internet misinterpreted Brie’s comments on needing more diversity as an attack on their delicate manliness. 

To say that the person advocating for diversity is the one needing guidance and training rather than the mouth breathers is a sign of a shitty mind. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, look. Some male users are downgrading a female-centered blockbuster to terrible audience-ratings without having even seen it.

Gee...haven’t seen that happen before to a blockbuster with a female lead.

Did that happen to Wonder Woman or was there any other blockbuster with a female lead that I missed?

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It’s because precious man babies of the internet misinterpreted Brie’s comments on needing more diversity as an attack on their delicate manliness. 

To place the blame on someone wanting more diversity is a sign of a shitty mind. 

The supreme irony is that these manbabies are the first in line to call any minority that wants their voices to be heard or gets offended due to media misrepresentation "snowflakes," yet they will crumble and burn at something as silly as an all-female screening of Wonder Woman

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

looks like they were right

1 hour ago, Gamora said:

Right now CM has over 58,000 user ratings while Infinity War has just under 53,000. Seems totally legit and natural.

It was around 24500 want to see a few hours back, before RT killed that pre-release option, it had around 34000 do-not-want-to-see. As expected, they still fold those WTS/DNWTS into the audience score.

What is, why I am since ages against their system.

They said it will be handled like: user gives 3.5 or higher = fresh, 3/5 or lower = rotten, calculated out of those ratings = audience rating

Their change will help future movies, but not equally for CM

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

what are your clubs?

CM Over Episode IX WW. CM Over TLJ WW, No Episode IX in Top 5 WW (Pikacu, Endame, TLJ, Frozen 2, CM) 

BTW, trolls are stupid. the movie has legit problems and would've had lower Audience Score than previous few MCU movies anyway. But now trolls made it look like lower score is just trolling and not bad script and worse (flat af) direction. 

17 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

To say that the person advocating for diversity is the one needing guidance wnd training is a sign of a shitty mind. 

Her comments were not misinterpreted..

She just used a poor choice of words to say a valid point.

I don't understand why you guys cant realize the difference.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 8

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Her comments were not misinterpreted..

She just used a poor choice of words to say a valid point.

I dont even want to get in an argument with someone like you. But one has to be wilfully disingenuous to say her comments were not misinterpreted. 

Bye bye and please dont quote me

• Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

To place the blame on someone wanting more diversity is a sign of a shitty mind. 

The insults in your phrasing are exactly the same as those you oppose, how can you expect to win an argument like that?

Positive discrimination for one section can be achieved without negative discrimination on another, it just takes tact and diplomacy, something the parties involved here have failed to display.

Unless people start learning these simple facts, people will kick back, don't be surprised if Trump ends up with a bigger majority the next time around.

• Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 8

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I dont even want to get in an argument with someone like you. But one has to be wilfully disingenuous to say her comments were not misinterpreted. 

Bye bye and please dont quote me

Cant defend your arguement.

Going to personal insults

Ty for becoming closeminded...

Edited by Lordmandeep

Point is no one will change their minds about this, so it impossible to have a valid debate and its not the thread for it.

With these numbers I think 150 million is a done deal and likely 160+ 

Edited by Lordmandeep

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Well show me quotes where Brie Larson said white men weren't allowed to watch Captain Marvel and then maybe the people complaining will have a point

I think they were extrapolating from this

https://eu.thenews-messenger.com/story/entertainment/2018/06/20/reel-talk-actress-brie-larson-stumbles-calling-out-film-critics/716320002/