Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I would love if this opens to 175M+ because i dont like Beauty and the Beast 17 and i especially dont like that it has a monthly OW record.

Are there anyone who actually did like BATB2017? It’s hard to find those who loved it...and now since after that film’s release...more and more people just suddenly on the ”BATB-hate”-bandwagon? Good Christ!

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are there anyone who actually did like BATB2017? It’s hard to find those who loved it...and now since after that film’s release...people just suddenly on the ”BATB-hate”-bandwagon? Good Christ!

Little children and their parents don’t usually go on the Internet forums and make their opinions known 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are there anyone who actually did like BATB2017? It’s hard to find those who loved it...and now since after that film’s release...people just suddenly on the ”BATB-hate”-bandwagon? Good Christ!

I was on the "hate" bandwagon directly after seeing it, so, well.

Also, there must be tons of people who liked it since the film grossed 1,2B WW and had good legs DOM.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Are there anyone who actually did like BATB2017? It’s hard to find those who loved it...and now since after that film’s release...more and more people just suddenly on the ”BATB-hate”-bandwagon? Good Christ!

Tween girls probably loved it. Most people I know liked it but thought the animated one was better obviously.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

Little children and their parents don’t usually go on the Internet forums and make their opinions known 

True. I mean: i’m on the opposite...since i found that film good.

It’s just that it really shouldn’t be a sin for people who really liked the live action ”Beauty and the Beast”. Why not like both,? Yes, the animated film is admittedly better...but let’s not act like the Disney’s live action version has nothing all good for us to like.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

That’s understandable. What about those who haven’t even seen the animated version but has seen the live action one?

I have never met one of those people thankfully! I was born in 1989 so literally every single person in my generation saw the Disney Renaissance films.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

True. I mean: i’m on the opposite...since i found that film good.

It’s just that it really shouldn’t be a sin for people who really liked the live action ”Beauty and the Beast”. Why not like both,? Yes, the animated film is admittedly better...but let’s not act like the Disney’s live action version has nothing all good for us to like.

Hey nobody said you arent allowed to like BATB 17. Why do you feel so attacked?

Just because someone (like me in this instance) says "I dont like Film X", that doesnt mean that others cant like it, obviously. Its just the opinion of 1 guy lol.

Here's a thing. I am a MCU fan and I have weakness of getting too overexcited so to cancel that out, I will be using the most conservative estimates. Since CM had a long pre-sales run, I will be assuming it is pre-sales heavy. Considering all that.

I still want more data, which I expected will be there but it's not yet. That said, 

Captain Marvel Friday shall go for ,(excluding Thursday) as *very early estimate* is $39-43mn approx.

Wait till 12 am EST, there will be more data to do math for.

Please take these number with pinch of salt.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Here's a thing. I am a MCU fan and I have weakness of getting too overexcited so to cancel that out, I will be using the most conservative estimates.

Since CM had a long pre-sales run, I will be assuming it is pre-sales heavy. Considering all that.

I still want more data, which I expected will be there but it's not yet. That said, 

Captain Marvel Friday (excluding Thursday) early estimate is $40-43mn approx.

Wait till 11 am EST, there will be more data to do math for.

60/65M OD

good or bad? I think is 👌🏼👍🏻

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Here's a thing. I am a MCU fan and I have weakness of getting too overexcited so to cancel that out, I will be using the most conservative estimates.

Since CM had a long pre-sales run, I will be assuming it is pre-sales heavy. Considering all that.

Captain Marvel Friday shall go for ,(excluding Thursday) as *very early estimate* is $40-43mn approx.

Wait till 12 am EST, there will be more data to do math for.

A $60-65m OD inc. previews is pretty good. Maybe 50 sat and 40 sun gives $150-155m. Still amazing but not explosive as suggested. 

As you say these are very early estimates, all could change in a matter of hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

60/65M OD

good or bad? I think is 👌🏼👍🏻

I dare anyone to say that a 60M OD for a Captain Marvel movie would be "bad"

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I have never met one of those people thankfully! I was born in 1989 so literally every single person in my generation saw the Disney Renaissance films.

I've not seen both of them

I am old enough to have seen Jungle Book (1967 version) during its first run 😉

• Astonished 1

24 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

What was the trailer reactions like for the people who’ve seen it? FFH/Shazam got great reaction, and I expect Frozen 2 to be even bigger than the first. 

I got Spider-Man, Dark Phoenix, Godzilla, and Frozen II. I missed whatever was the first trailer since I was buying popcorn, however none of the trailers got any sort of reaction.