Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

14 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

When does Rthanos usually post his numbers?

He posted numbers 3 hours ago and sometimes gives us another update if there’s any changes. If there aren’t changes, he usually doesn’t come back to update unless he wants to give an exact number 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this is not a political or agenda post, but i wonder how long it takes Forbes to put out an article saying MCU films without straight white males do better at the box office.

How would that be different from decades of "black films don't do well overseas"? Or "female SH do bad because Catwoman/Elektra"? (Hell, everyone is still on the female movies might not do well OS because THG/WW ratio wasn't as good as expected, which is why people were extra cautious with CM OS predictions)

Times change and so do analysis.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am starting to think it’s going to be a real tough fight for number 2 of year domestic and worldwide between Endgame and Lion King. This shows the damn power that Marvel has in the game.

That said I’m not sure they’ll be reaching the heights/massive bumps post Endgame but barring Black Widow, I don’t see a MCU movie under $300M domestic or $700M WW.

FTFY

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Remember when Doctor Strange's OW was considered a great win (still is of course)

But yeah Marvel has the GA's trust and until they make a complete stinker will continue to do so.

It doesn’t have to be a complete stinker. Disney animation folded up in the 90s starting with films that were well recieved by critics and audiences but audiences stopped coming after Hercules. They peaked with The Lion King and everyone went to the next expecting the same level of quality. It wasn’t. Everyone thought Disney animation was unstoppable at the time.

No cinematic universe lasts forever, and CM may be Marvel’s first misstep, as impossible as that might sound right now.

Remember, even Star Wars died. If Endgame doesn’t raise the bar beyond IW, it truly is... Marvel’s Endgame. Or maybe Pikachu lands the killing blow... or hell even Avatar 2 and 3 could show audiences what they’re missing. 😉

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 6

21 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this is not a political or agenda post, but i wonder how long it takes Forbes to put out an article saying MCU films without straight white males do better at the box office.

Surely even Mendelson won’t bother to write an article stating such an obvious observation 😉

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 1