Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

3 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The numbers I am getting are $40-41.5mn True Friday. This was looking bit lower an hour back but improved a bit now.

That said opening day around $60.75-62.25mn, though there still a lot time that's remaining so things could change a bit.

I will update once more around 3 hours from now and the final number around 5 hours from now. Till then this is what I have.

Its been 3 hours. We waiting.

source.gif

Edited by LexJoker

Interesting info from Deadline's latest update:

At this point tonight on International Women’s Day, Captain Marvel continues to remain male heavy 61% to 39% on PostTrak, though Females over 25 remain the second best draw at 24% behind M25+ (39%), but ahead of Men under 25 (22%).

That breakdown compares poorly to Wonder Woman's OD which was 52% female. If that ends up holding throughout the weekend, I think the film wasn't as appealing to women as was expected (maybe the lack of a love interest played a part?) and that prevented it from hitting the $170-180M OW range.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I still think Alita's good but a select few have also turned me off of it.

Only you can turn yourself off a film,. I suggest your correct your way of thinking before Avatar 2 or you'll be missing out on something truly special,

Alita dropping -52% this weekend is a pretty good hold.

$160m OW is solid for CM, Marvel's fanbase it as big as ever and this is seen as a must see before Infity War Part 2.

• Haha 1

looks like deadline is doing the same thing they did during Deadpool 2's opening weekend where the Friday estimates kept going lower but they stuck with their 133M+ projection and eventually come Sunday the weekend was $125M.

so if that 62M Friday holds, then 160M is probably unlikely imo unless we see a huge Sat Jump, something like -10% off full Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Will Endgame hype allow Spidey to get that allusive billy?

We have no idea what the level of plot connection between AEG and FFH is, so no one can really answer your question for another 7 weeks. But FFH doesn’t have to bump much from SMH for a Billie, really quite realistic.

4 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Will Endgame hype allow Spidey to get that allusive billy?

Well current Captain Marvel hype allow for Billy "Billie" Batson's Billie Dollar Billie Blitz?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think we are witnessing the power of End Game. Captain Marvel is getting that heavy lead in bump the same way Iron Man 3 had the heavy after bump off the first Avengers.  CM couldn't have been placed in a better position. 

Antman didn't receive a massive boost tho...it always depends on the movie imo.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Ant-Man doesn't tie into End Game, really.  With CM there was a clear tie in,  clear marketing strategy. 

Also it was after End Game not a month before it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Interesting info from Deadline's latest update:

That breakdown compares poorly to Wonder Woman's OD which was 52% female. If that ends up holding throughout the weekend, I think the film wasn't as appealing to women as was expected (maybe the lack of a love interest played a part?) and that prevented it from hitting the $170-180M OW range.

This will be interesting if the overall majority of the weekend audience ends up being male. 

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Captain Marvel $61.5-62mn (True Friday $40.75-41.25mn) Opening day Approx. I am bit busy to analyse other films, seems close to what Deadline is saying.

May be I will give an update around 5PM IST.

When can you give a very early Sat estimate?