Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

Final Serious prediction before any numbers is 180. But as a first entry movie that’s doing gangbusters OS and has an estimated 152 budget, even 130 or something would still be a strong result.

• Like 1

Charlie expected to have an estimate ~7 AM Friday iirc, so we’ll still have a good 12+ hours to freak out about Deadline numbers that miss by 30% anyway.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Final Serious prediction before any numbers is 180. But as a first entry movie that’s doing gangbusters OS and has an estimated 152 budget, even 130 or something would still be a strong result.

Yeah no longer needs to hit $400M Domestic to hit $1 Billion. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah no longer needs to hit $400M Domestic to hit $1 Billion. 

I’m not a profitability estimate expert, but pretty sure CM would profit with a 0M DOM total 😂     

I wonder how many other SH movies that is true for. Avengers, IW, (Endgame), BP, AoU?, IM3?, AQM?, CW?, I2??

Edited by Thanos Legion

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I’m not a profitability estimate expert, but pretty sure CM would profit with a 0M DOM total 😂     

I wonder how many other SH movies that is true for. Avengers, IW, (Endgame), BP, AoU?, IM3?, AQM?, CW?, I2??

Logan and both Deadpool movies too but that’s cause their budgets were so low for CBM not because they made an abnormal amount OS like the other CBM listed 😂

Also Venom 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

Stopped by the AMC 25 at Times Square and the Regal E-Walk across the street before. Expected a packed lobby, considering all the nearly sold out seats for CM, but the theaters were relatively empty. Of course, it's a Thursday evening, and most of the movie goers must've been efficient and bought their tickets in advance and went straight to their theaters. Let's see tomorrow evening. Friday nights tend to be packed on good movie weekends.

I know I'll be watching at the AMC tomorrow evening. Just want to see how bad this movie is <sarcasm>, considering all the negative (troll) reviews. Lol

• Like 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

My 7pm screening looked to be about 70% male. Not really many women or families at this showing. Most women were there with a male significant other. 

Still a superhero movie and 99% of dudes don’t care about this Brie Larson thing. Fanboys gonna fanboy lol

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

Logan and both Deadpool movies too but that’s cause their budgets were so low for CBM not because they made an abnormal amount OS like the other CBM listed 😂

Also Venom 

Ahh, yup yup yup. The mega grossers come to mind more readily for me than the well budgeted hits. Probably also some of the Raimi trilogy:   

SM1: budget 139, OS-C 415, — seems profitable 

SM2: budget 200, OS-C 405, — doubt it

SM3: budget 258, OS-C 535+ 20 in China — skeptical 

TDK:  budget 185, OS-C 470 — seems close

TDKR: Budget 250, OS-C 585+ 50 in China — don’t think so, but at least close

Not as exclusive a club as I thought, and only mentioned 21st century movies so far. Really shows the incredibly success of the genre in this moment.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Ahh, yup yup yup. The mega grossers come to mind more readily for me than the well budgeted hits. Probably also some of the Raimi trilogy:   

SM1: budget 139, OS-C 415, — seems profitable 

SM2: budget 200, OS-C 405, — doubt it

SM3: budget 258, OS-C 535+ 20 in China — skeptical 

TDK:  budget 185, OS-C 470 — seems close

TDKR: Budget 250, OS-C 585+ 50 in China — don’t think so, but at least close

Not as exclusive a club as I thought, and only mentioned 21st century movies so far. Really shows the incredibly success of the genre in this moment.

Damn, SM3 and TDKR budgets kind of shock me still. 

3 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

So pretty much the range where everyone thought it'll be lol

But the real interesting thing IMO is how frontloaded this OW will be

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr