Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Cinemascore is useless for films which large fanbases prior to release, it's shown time and time again.

I thought Jim has a huge fanbase as well yet Alita only got A-, so the real score should be B+? :thinking:

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

I thought Jim has a huge fanbase as well yet Alita only got A-, so the real score should be B+? :thinking:

I think cinemascore is an inaccurate representation of the true audience reception anyhow.

Personally I would give Alita a B+, mind you I would put most MCU movies in the C class lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think cinemascore is an inaccurate representation of the true audience reception anyhow.

Personally I would give Alita a B+, mind you I would put most MCU movies in the C class lol

The problem with cinemascore is that you can't check with the core fans.

The ones who run first day to see the movie.

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

So, this is headed for around 450M WW OW, right?

Quite the good shot at a billion plus, then.

one question why captain marvel released this weekend in china ? usually movies come there latere am i missing something ? so can endgame release too same date as us ?

2 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

The problem with cinemascore is that you can't check with the core fans.

The ones who run first day to see the movie.

agree in my opinion social media is the best way to go 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Even if it goes under 150mil and that's a big if, I don't see why that would be an issue? Guardians of the Galaxy 2 opened with less than 150mil and nobody thought that opening was awful. Anything over 120mil is a great opening weekend for the film. It all depends on the Saturday honestly. Maybe it will have a great Saturday? We have no idea right now.

People are so spoiled by MCU they forget just how big is 100M. I know CM will open to 150M but let's assume it opens to only 120-130M. Do you even realize how big it is WW which is so popular only opened to 102M, CM which is pretty unknown character is going to outopen it that's a big deal in itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bagatelle31 said:

Your Opening is a bit High, 97M china + 158M US + 145M OS = $400M is my guess 

the only thing we dont know for sure yet i the overseas ow without china we know that ow in china that ow will be around 100 same with usa around 160 maybe a little more or less we will know today

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

First marvel movie I found to be so underwhelming in terms of story telling, visuals, action and even performances..like everything was so bland. God knows how this got 80+ on RT. 

maybe they have different opinions than your ? just saying and i dont undertand why aquaman got 64 i loved it  buts its what it is not everybody will like the movie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

BP had great costumes, music, great performances eventhough the action was meh..this though Jesus.

why just cant people have different opinions ? jesus i like captain marvel more than black pantehr thats fine  

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, john2000 said:

one question why captain marvel released this weekend in china ? usually movies come there latere am i missing something ? so can endgame release too same date as us ?

There is no rule that movies cant release at the same time as in USA. The only times movies get delayed is if there is a black out period (where only local movies can release unless permitted by the government) or if there is a clash of dates and studios wants to avoid competition or studios want to take advantage of a holiday. 

There is no black out period going on right now, there isnt any competition right noe plus there was the womens day. Hence CM got day and date release in China. 

Unlikely that Endgame will get that though. Beginning of May is reserved for local movies due to May day holidays (I think).  

• Thanks 1

Guys its totally fine if you like or do not like a movie. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

However expressing that opinion over and over again because you either really liked it or really disliked it can be very annoying to everyone else. We dont need an opinion debate because that leads to nothing as nobody will change their opinions based on arguments from people with differing opinions.

Just state it once and be done with it. Will make this thread a happy place. Im not directing this at anybody here directly and this thread is by now far from beeing terrible; but i want to prevent exactly that happening.

Debating specific elements of the movie and expressing your opinion in more detail is something for the Spoiler Thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

First marvel movie I found to be so underwhelming in terms of story telling, visuals, action and even performances..like everything was so bland. God knows how this got 80+ on RT. 

It's gonna end up with 77/78% looking at the current trajectory