Eric Atreides

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

4 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Says the biggest assclown on this board.

Fun fact: In the BOP thread he said he doesn't find Jurnee Smollett and Ricky Perez attractive (both are in BOP) because they are brown. He backtracked on it, to not seem racist but I mean, you would have to have racist tendencies to blurt that out.

Other than it, it just seems like he is trying to be contradictory for attention.

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 2

28 minutes ago, Avatree said:

none of the marvel films have any directorial style apart from guardians of the galaxy. all of the others are exactly the same.

*whispers* I actually thought Guardians was the tamest MCU offering of the ones I've seen. For a space fantasy with supposedly zany characters it felt bland as fuck and could have been directed by just about anyone. I imagine the source material was really out-there so credit to Gunn for reigning it in, I guess.

But generally I sit somewhere in the middle of the 'MCU movies are all the same/No they're all wildly different' conversation. Some lean funny, some lean serious, but the meat is always slick, solid action adventure. And that's fine!

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

*whispers* I actually thought Guardians was the tamest MCU offering of the ones I've seen. For a space fantasy with supposedly zany characters it felt bland as fuck and could have been directed by anyone.

It was clear that there was some interference. It is already public knowledge that stuff to do with the villain was changed. I think GOTG 2 is actually quite zany with its characters and visuals and that movie was all James Gunn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Us is gonna make more OW than Dumbo/Shazam’s combined OW’s

I think Shazam is a sleeper 4 quadrant movie that's gonna pull really hard on the family dollar.  My sons have been psyched for it since last Xmas.  They want that movie over Avengers, so that's our April family movie (and mom and dad get date night to Endgame).  

I mean, what 10-12 year old doesn't wanna wake up, say a word, and change into a superpowered adult?:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Fun fact: In the BOP thread he said he doesn't find Jurnee Smollett and Ricky Perez attractive (both are in BOP) because they are brown. He backtracked on it, to not seem racist but I mean, you would have to have racist tendencies to blurt that out.

Other than it, it just seems like he is trying to be contradictory for attention.

He was banned for a long time for making insensitive comments about the Florida shooting last year iirc too. He had a year long ban, than the moderators let him off the hook for some ridiculous reason.

• Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Us is gonna make more OW than Dumbo/Shazam’s combined OW’s

Dumbo is tracking at $ 50 - 60M 3 weeks prior to release, so it could grow a little bit.

Unless Shazam tank [which doesn't seem realistic at all], this won't happen.

But i got all of them having + 60M openings, so it will be a good month.

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I think Shazam is a sleeper 4 quadrant movie that's gonna pull really hard on the family dollar.  My sons have been psyched for it since last Xmas.  They want that movie over Avengers, so that's our April family movie (and mom and dad get date night to Endgame).  

I mean, what 10-12 year old doesn't wanna wake up, say a word, and change into a superpowered adult?:)

Shazam is a 5 quadrant movie.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

SHAZAM over Endgame...

IllfatedHighlevelIberianlynx-size_restri

12 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

*whispers* I actually thought Guardians was the tamest MCU offering of the ones I've seen. For a space fantasy with supposedly zany characters it felt bland as fuck and could have been directed by just about anyone. I imagine the source material was really out-there so credit to Gunn for reigning it in, I guess.

But generally I sit somewhere in the middle of the 'MCU movies are all the same/No they're all wildly different' conversation. Some lean funny, some lean serious, but the meat is always slick, solid action adventure. And that's fine!

Really??! Have you seen CM? Because it could have been an episode of Agents of SHIELD! That's how bland/generic it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 2

So since the Friday estimates are pegged at about 61.4, Saturday so far is about 52-54.  Other March openers typically dropped around 23-33% from Saturday-Sunday so my guess given all the estimates we have right now:

61.4M Friday,

I'll go the middle route and say 53M Saturday,

Sunday: 35.4-40.8.

So the total is around: 149.8M-155.2M.

25 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

1.1 billion was a "regular thing"  a couple months ago.  :lol:

Who the hell said that? And why the hell would anyone discredit Aquaman getting that far up with such a lame excuse? I'm actually legitimately curious, by the way..... because yes, every year sees at least 4-5 movies hit 1B+ WW, but it's still technically not regular and rare to achieve.

• Like 1