Eric Duncan

CAPTAIN MARVEL WEEKEND THREAD l $153M DOM (3rd-biggest March opening), $455M WW (6th biggest WW opening) l Other weekend #s: Dragon 14.7, Madea 12, Lego 3.8, Alita 3.2

9 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Who the hell said that? And why the hell would anyone discredit Aquaman getting that far up with such a lame excuse? I'm actually legitimately curious, by the way..... because yes, every year sees at least 4-5 movies hit 1B+ WW, but it's still technically not regular and rare to achieve.

I know a YouTuber who thinks hitting a billion has become easier to achieve (mainly because Disney regularly has multiple billions a year) so she's saying that "2 billion is the new 1 billion", which means hitting $2B is now the special one. That's Grace Randolph btw

Edited by UserHN

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

Both GotG movies have forgettable villains. But the humor and chemistry between the team are the main aspect of these movies.

I think having forgettable villains is MCU's trademark. (And I am a big Marvel fanboy) 

2 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Both GotG movies have forgettable villains. But the humor and chemistry between the team are the main aspect of these movies.

Id say Ego was much more memorable than the one from the first whose name i forgot lol. Kurt Russel is just always a win in my book.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I think having forgettable villains is MCU's trademark. (And I am a big Marvel fanboy) 

That has started to change for me with Vulture, Killmonger, Thanos, and Talos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I think they've realized this was an issue and really worked to fix it in Phase 3.

Vulture, Thanos, Zemo, Killmonger, and Talos are all pretty great.  Hela and Ego not quite as great, IMO, but very watchable.

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

1.1 billion was a "regular thing"  a couple months ago.  :lol:

Hey! If you're going to subtweet Quigley and I, get the facts right at least. It’s 1B that was not that impressive anymore, not 1.1. I dunno how anybody can look at the 42+ Billie films we’ll have by end of year vs the 2 we had a decade ago and not realize that they’re becoming much less impressive (though still great and uncommon accomplishments).

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, poweranimals said:

It's a little weird that a movie that's focusing on a female lead on International Women's Day is more male skewed than usual.

First days metric tend to be more skewed that total runs metric.

But this Marvel movie does not have a love interest line nor a shirtless Chris appeal either.

4 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Please tell us more jokes.

Lex luthor (Jesse Einsenberg) is best villain in DCEU and Jared Leto's joker is best joker of all time surpassing Heath ledgers joker :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Dumbo is tracking at $ 50 - 60M 3 weeks prior to release, so it could grow a little bit.

Unless Shazam tank [which doesn't seem realistic at all], this won't happen.

But i got all of them having + 60M openings, so it will be a good month.

Dumbo - 45M

Shazam - 50M

Us - 100M

• Astonished 1