Ezen Baklattan

THE 2019 BOFFY AWARDS: Spider-Verse Wins 7 Including Picture, Cuaron Wins Director, The Favourite Wins Ensemble

I am very happy with the results overall. All of the Best Picture nominees were a 9/10 or higher for me so I'm very happy they all got in there. Disappointed Roma didn't win but Spider-Verse is an awesome film and deserves the recognition all the same. ☺️

14 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Win Count (ignoring box office):

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - 7

Black Panther - 3

The Favourite - 3

Game Night - 2

Roma - 2

A Star is Born - 1

A Quiet Place - 1

Annihilation - 1

Avengers: Infinity War - 1

Blindspotting - 1

First Reformed - 1

If Beale Street Could Talk - 1

Leave No Trace - 1

On 2/2/2019 at 4:14 PM, CoolioD1 said:

my favourite movie of the year actually got nominated for this thing for once. we got all the big five baby picture director actor actress screenplay. let's try to hit some wins. (and technically let's count either me or AA winning funniest poster a win for leave no trace too)

Up the LNT count.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

can't wait to join you all next year when the alita weirdos will have brigaded us into a rosa salazar best actress win.

Avatar 2 will be less than 12 months out this time next year. Strap in. 

@Barnack and @IronJimbo were robbed. I think Spider-Verse is pretty deserving given the make up of the forums. 

Thanks to @Spagspiria and @The Panda for hosting! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Toni Colette was robbed of best actress. Thomasin was great but Toni was far better. This Leave No Trace brigading is, lets say surprising. 

There was robbery involved but it was of Coleman.

Thomasin was very good but she'd have been 5th or so from this list.  I think Foster was the standout.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 4

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

There was robbery involved but it was of Coleman.

Thomasin was very good but she'd have been 5th or so from this list.  I think Foster was the standout.

For me I think it was

1) Toni Colette

2) Olivia Colman

3) Viola Davis

All 3 far better, more established actresses that delivered great performances. Not to mention all 3 of these received a lot more acclaim and more nominations/awards for their nominated movies than others on the list. 

But I understand these awards are just fun. And I don’t mind Thomasin winning, she was really good in LnT and the movie itself was one of my favourites this year (Was in my top 10). 

• Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4