Ezen Baklattan

THE 2019 BOFFY AWARDS: Spider-Verse Wins 7 Including Picture, Cuaron Wins Director, The Favourite Wins Ensemble

Keep your composure, everyone.

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

Nicholas Britell

IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK

Alexandre Desplat

ISLE OF DOGS

Ludwig Goransson

BLACK PANTHER

Justin Hurwitz

FIRST MAN

Johan Johansson

MANDY

Daniel Pemberton

SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE

And the BOFFY goes to...

Spoiler

Nicholas Britell (If Beale Street Could Talk)

One of my favorite wins of the night.

Runner Up: Ludwig Goransson (Black Panther)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So I just went into a deep YouTube dive trying to find the Hitler "Catching Fire" box-office parody I did, and I can't find it. And if that doesn't sum up my uselessness here, I'm not sure what does.

Never forget: You lost to a user who just posts a bunch of random numbers in threads, that the average person has no clue about, and runs :ph34r: 

Edited by Nova
  • Sad 1

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

50% of tele's posts are plugs for the projects he edited these days. invaluable imo.

42% shilling my shit

20% excited interest for obscure adaptation that'll die in development hell

18% reposting someone else's funny Twitter bit

12% anti-MCU rants

8% apologies for the anti-MCU rants and re-emphasis on rainbows & sparkle-ponies

• Like 1

BEST PICTURE NOMINEE

THE FAVOURITE

Related image

The Fave was... well, my Fave of all of the "awards" films. Three brilliant performances of three terrific characters. I don't usually like this type of period film, but it's written in such a contemporary and funny way that it's impossible to dislike this film. The conflicts between these women ramp up in such a ridiculous and hilarious way, and yet it's utterly engaging and thrilling to see how everything unfolds. Yorgos Lanthimos's films have not all been very audience-friendly, but - as evidenced by the box office success of this - this one is different. It has all the peculiarity of Lanthimos's previous work but manages to make it work for a mass audience, and that's the real success of this film.

Also, fisheye lenses. Oh, and Nicholas Hoult's best work by a mile.

"I like it when she puts her tongue inside me."

- @Avatree

A delightful dark comedy about power plays in early 1700s British politics with an All About Eve twist. I was surprised by how genuinely hilarious this was at times: the script is filled with hilarious one-liners and other quirks (that strange dance between Rachel Weisz and Joe Alwyn might be the hardest I’ve laughed all year). The biggest asset is its trio of central performances: Olivia Colman, Emma Stone (in a role that takes a dark turn previously unseen by the actress), and Rachel Weisz all deserve the awards love coming their way (kudos as well to a never better Nicholas Hoult). Like Love & Friendship from a few years ago, this is a period piece for those seeking something spicier from such a usually stuffy genre.

- @filmlover

• Like 7

When you want to make an unholy congolmeration of original music, original score, and licensed music.

BEST SOUNDTRACK

Black Panther

Cold War

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

Mary Poppins Returns

A Star Is Born

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

And the BOFFY goes to...

Spoiler

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

And @Avatree continues to lose patience.

Runner Up: A Star is Born

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Hey I didn't remember until like 20 minutes ago that I signed up to do a Fallout write-up, and I'm multi-tasking enough as is so I can't write it.  Sorry

you did? you could have not told me and I would have just forgotten. Now I hold a grudge :P

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

BEST PICTURE NOMINEE

THE FAVOURITE

Related image

The Fave was... well, my Fave of all of the "awards" films. Three brilliant performances of three terrific characters. I don't usually like this type of period film, but it's written in such a contemporary and funny way that it's impossible to dislike this film. The conflicts between these women ramp up in such a ridiculous and hilarious way, and yet it's utterly engaging and thrilling to see how everything unfolds. Yorgos Lanthimos's films have not all been very audience-friendly, but - as evidenced by the box office success of this - this one is different. It has all the peculiarity of Lanthimos's previous work but manages to make it work for a mass audience, and that's the real success of this film.

Also, fisheye lenses. Oh, and Nicholas Hoult's best work by a mile.

"I like it when she puts her tongue inside me."

- @Avatree

A delightful dark comedy about power plays in early 1700s British politics with an All About Eve twist. I was surprised by how genuinely hilarious this was at times: the script is filled with hilarious one-liners and other quirks (that strange dance between Rachel Weisz and Joe Alwyn might be the hardest I’ve laughed all year). The biggest asset is its trio of central performances: Olivia Colman, Emma Stone (in a role that takes a dark turn previously unseen by the actress), and Rachel Weisz all deserve the awards love coming their way (kudos as well to a never better Nicholas Hoult). Like Love & Friendship from a few years ago, this is a period piece for those seeking something spicier from such a usually stuffy genre.

- @filmlover

lol that's a good choice of video.

• Thanks 1

are you FUCKING kkidding me? spider-man wins over a star is born for MUSIC? what fucking music? there are no songs in spiderman, it has nothing to do with music at all, while exceptional actual MUSICAL films are overlooked. the voting is a joke.

I really hope that is a joke post.

Edited by Avatree

It's time to see if the full season frontrunner will take it.

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY

The Favourite

First Man

Hereditary

If Beale Street Could Talk

Roma

A Star is Born

And the BOFFY goes to...

Spoiler

Roma

Image result for roma gif cuaron

I'll make a maannnn out of youuuu