cookie

The Letter Grades Strike Back aka Cookie's Corner Y5

I guess if everyone's going to pre-open their review thread so shall I. Deal with it.

My scale is between F and A. No real point doing A+ or F- since they're worth the same number of points in the aggregate anyhow. Plus, if multiple films get A/F it leaves some suspense open for the top/bottom lists.

There will be the opportunity to make requests as usual. How exactly they're going to be handled I haven't decided upon yet tho. I'll get back to you on that closer to the deadline.

HOWEVER

Last year I handpicked a few films to review whether the author wanted me to do them or not, based on the criteria that a cast member from my Voltron franchise had a prominent role in them.

I promised I'd do a Scavenger Wars theme this year and so I shall. Full disclosure: I'm going to do themes for other movies in Y6 and Y7 as well.

For your film to qualify for what I shall call the Scavenger Wars Round, your film has to include any of the following actors and actresses in a lead or major supporting role (minor bits and cameos do not count):

Daniel Henney

Naomi Scott

Letitia Wright

Jason Isaacs

Harry Lennix

MEW

Laurence Fishburne

Ricky Whittle

Sasha Lane

Taissa Farmiga

Bex Taylor-Klaus

Ben Foster

Kenneth Branagh

Andy Serkis

Yes, I'm cheating a bit by including cast members from the second film even though it hasn't been posted as of this writing.

Unlike last year however, this round will be BEFORE any requests are reviewed. So if you get caught in the line of fire, sorry, no can do.

Here are the films that currently qualify for this round (this list will be continually updated):

Spoiler

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves

Green Lantern Corps: Rise of the Manhunters

Sabrina

Yin

Wii Sports

* BONUS *

One Punch Man

If you don't think your unfinished film will make the deadline, please let me know.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

I should let you know that I went ahead and made Daniel Henney the star of my film, Yin. Figured it'd be a waste not to have a film of mine be a part of the Scavenger Wars Round. I don't know much about it, but I certainly like the mystery of it.

I also saw that a certain role in another film of mine, Sabrina, was big enough to be considered a supporting role, so I put Ben Foster in that role and gave him proper billing with the rest of the cast members.

Edited by Slambros
  • Thanks 1

Alright, here's what you do:

We're keeping it simple and old school with the requests. No funny business with numbers or anything like that.

Just request TWO films at maximum. At least one has to be from another player but it can be both.

You cannot however request any of the following as they are set to be reviewed regardless:

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves

Green Lantern Corps: Rise of the Manhunters

Sabrina

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Wii Sports

Yin

One Punch Man

These are sorted alphabetically because they will be reviewed in that order, the lone exception being OPM as it qualifies as a bonus review. Reviews will start tomorrow Wednesday.

Once the requests are done, I'll read the remainder of the calendar and then do my list.

Edited by cookie

11 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The Spaghetti Yorgos Film

In @Spaghetti's favor I've seen my share of Lanthimos films since I read Parvelli so I am more prepared now.

Also, the Voltron jokes will fly. Sorry.

Edited by cookie