cookie

The Letter Grades Strike Back aka Cookie's Corner Y5

Just now, cookie said:

So this is Kingsman but with the girl from Leave No Trace instead of my boi Taron? Getting strong vines.

That’s definitely the starting point. Gonna try to diverge a bit more in future installments but that’s basically the gist.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Not sure why the baddies didn’t just kill Dr. Luna back at the maskerade and not right after he spilled the beans to the Syndicate.

I guess a little bit more elaboration could have been given by myself, but they’re still trying to be discrete too, all told. Killing someone giving a hyped presentation at a public event could give away too much.

Of course they’re not always discreet, but an attempt was made?

He does manage to escape and get to our heroes just before he’s poisoned. Kinda left the blanks empty on it, but I don’t think it’s too much of a plot hole.

But then why didn’t Blue Eyes just kill him? Believe it or not, something will be done with that little seeming lapse in logic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

I like how polite Blue Eyes is about just haven gotten his ass handed to him.

I obviously haven't read it yet but I doubt Spaghetti cast Ramsay Bolton as a baddie and doesn't let the other shoe drop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I'm not gonna lie to you:

Hide contents

You're getting extra points for the stealth IRL Pidge cameo

Note the gender neutral pronouns used.

:)

Then again...it’s the post end credits gag so I wouldn’t exactly call it hidden...

• Like 1

The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves

This was a lot more casual than I first expected it to be. A lot of Nadine sitting around with the other members of the Syndicate or just learning how the organisation works inside out. Things take a bit more of an interesting turn when Blue Eyes becomes a bigger player, and I am glad the film didn't go what would be the boring and predictable route that

Spoiler

Madame Y would do a face heel turn when she was revealed to be the one who killed Nadine's parents. It's more interesting with Nadine's family line all being baddies.

I do wish Hiro Hamada and Shuri were a little less just Nadine/Madame Y's sidekicks and had more to do on their own, especially after how the opening scene set them up, but that's probably what future sequels are for.

Blue Eyes is pretty entertaining as a foe even though he never felt like that intimidating of a threat and McDowell just turning out to be a stooge had its funny moments but could've been relayed a bit better.

There are some weird holes in the story but I was able to overlook them for the most part. Goddard's flair really brings something unique to the table so that it's just not a low-key Kingsman riff. I enjoyed it very much.

A-/B+

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1