charlie Jatinder

Monday (03/11/2019) Numbers - Cap Marvels 10.9M

8 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Easter Monday is a public holiday in Canada. I think some places in the U.S. have schools off too. Zootopia only dropped 20% from Sunday on the same day. 

Ohhh, so this is the real reason. I was wondering about that impressive 55% drop myself. But now that I know that a 20% drop on the same day has happened to another film, I'm seeing the 55% drop in a whole new light.

Isn't Easter kind of late this year? Makes me wonder why Endgame wasn't just pushed back an additional week. Would be an insane Thursday preview, Friday gross and Easter Monday. We've seen the boost that weekend gave Furious 7 and BvS in the very recent past. Actually kind of boggles my mind that it isn't being released then the more I think about it.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Isn't Easter kind of late this year? Makes me wonder why Endgame wasn't just pushed back an additional week. Would be an insane Thursday preview, Friday gross and Easter Monday. We've seen the boost that weekend gave Furious 7 and BvS in the very recent past. Actually kind of boggles my mind that it isn't being released then the more I think about it.

Yeah, they should move EG a week to April 19 (Easter Friday). But many Catholics also do pilgrimage or other traditions during Easter, so some don't have time to watch movies even if they want to.

I don't know about Canada but most kids do not have that Monday off from school.  

Allow me to expand on this.  It's not a Federal holiday.  Some kids have the day off but it's a very small percentage.  It's not widely observed at all. 

Edited by Johnny Tran

Both Dumbo and Shazam! with impressive buzz now. Not to mention Us sitting at 100% with an 8.2 average rating at RT. Box office is about to light up. Cap Marv is doing her thing in a big, big way. Us will at minimum open big. Dumbo and Shazam I think will each do $75M+ OW DOM and have legs. And, of course, Endgame due out in just over a month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

1 hour ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't know about Canada but most kids do not have that Monday off from school.  

Allow me to expand on this.  It's not a Federal holiday.  Some kids have the day off but it's a very small percentage.  It's not widely observed at all. 

Not a federal day, correct. But Spring breaks definition is:

falls a week in March or April which includes Easter holidays

https://www.edarabia.com/school-holidays-united-states/

Depeding on which date Eastern falls, there are all-year-around a lot of state holidays, depending on which film and state / states, it can have an impact too, depending on which ones (excluding small population states e.g. Alaska).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UserHN said:

At the very least, it improved over the estimates of 8.75-9 last time.

Those would have been bad, but were so early I’m not sure if estimate is even the right word. Must have been based mostly off presale data for Monday, which can tell you something and I don’t mind getting the super early guesses at all but they come with way larger confidence intervals than a number around 10 PM Eastern.

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Both Dumbo and Shazam! with impressive buzz now. Not to mention Us sitting at 100% with an 8.2 average rating at RT. Box office is about to light up. Cap Marv is doing her thing in a big, big way. Us will at minimum open big. Dumbo and Shazam I think will each do $75M+ OW DOM and have legs. And, of course, Endgame due out in just over a month.

Eh, Dumbo seems to be getting similar buzz to Christopher Robin and Mary Poppins Returns.

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

A thread has been made with no "real" numbers? :lol::lol::lol:

It’s totally normal for a daily thread to get started from estimates, in the past it happened most weekdays the first week after a blockbuster opening when Rth dropped by. Charlie’s late in the day numbers are also pretty reliable, so I think a lot of daily threads the past 2-3 weeks or so have been started based on them.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

It’s totally normal for a daily thread to get started from estimates, in the past it happened most weekdays the first week after a blockbuster opening when Rth dropped by. Charlie’s late in the day numbers are also pretty reliable, so I think a lot of daily threads the past 2-3 weeks or so have been started based on them.

Forgive me, but Charlie is?