FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - CM 14.6m

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Why even post such things? You’re just giving them views which is exactly what they want

They use their channel to create fake outrage surrounding The Last Jedi and Captain Marvel and to spread alt-right beliefs to impressionable young teens for profit.  The guy who runs it is a con artist.  The only way to get them to stop is to ignore them, and not pay any attention to their videos.

• Like 2

Congrats to those who foresaw this $150+ opening! I thought it would do about $100 million.

I had to see the movie a second time on a date because I had promised this girl for weeks that I would take her. I hated the movie even more the second time, which I didn't think was possible. To me it's one of Marvel's worst movies, just above Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 and 3. I'll never watch this flick again. I don't think the 2nd and 3rd weekend drops will be kind to Captain Marvel. I expect a 70-75% 2nd weekend drop. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

When Easter is in March, the ones before and after Easter...

When it's not, it's a little more spread, although this one and next one should be the best for the month...

thank you! In any case march break >>> no march break. softens drops, etc.

1 minute ago, IcarusReborn said:

Congrats to those who foresaw this $150+ opening! I thought it would do about $100 million.

I had to see the movie a second time on a date because I had promised this girl for weeks that I would take her. I hated the movie even more the second time, which I didn't think was possible. To me it's one of Marvel's worst movies, just above Thor 2 and Iron Man 2 and 3. I'll never watch this flick again. I don't think the 2nd and 3rd weekend drops will be kind to Captain Marvel. I expect a 70-75% 2nd weekend drop. 

Yawn. I'm sure you do.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

They use their channel to create fake outrage surrounding The Last Jedi and Captain Marvel and to spread alt-right beliefs to impressionable young teens for profit.  The guy who runs it is a con artist.  The only way to get them to stop is to ignore them, and not pay any attention to their videos.

Because the outrage couldn't possibly be real? Why are you so dismissive of others' genuine feelings about beloved franchises? 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 10

75%. Holy lord. I'd put that kind of drop at 0% chance likelihood. Especially given it's holding fine so far Monday and Tuesday.

• Like 2

Yawn? Yeah okay. What do you expect for the 2nd and 3rd weekend drops? 

while that drop could happen bc you never know a drop around 55% would be normal,dont change how the box office works bc you didnt like the movie

• Like 1

Just now, IcarusReborn said:

Current tracking from trades have doing something between $65M and $75M this weekend. So... Something in between those numbers.

Has any MCU movie dropped 70% weekend to weekend ever? Thor 2 maybe?

55% sounds about right at the moment. Obviously it could change when we get Wednesday and Thursday numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

He is such an incredibly  misogynistic and sexist piece of shit. He gets made fun of all the time on Moviescirclejerk (btw this is an amazing and hilarious reddit and amust visit). 

These people do this because this is what gets them views. This douchebag has openly bragged about how much money his CM videos have made him. Hence why he has pumped out more than 30 videos on CM in a span of 2 weeks. 

• Like 4

Just now, john2000 said:

while that drop could happen bc you never know a drop around 55% would be normal,dont change how the box office works bc you didnt like the movie

It's numbers on Monday and Tuesday would lead to what percentage drop from a $155 opening in your mind? 

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

Current tracking from trades have doing something between $65M and $75M this weekend. So... Something in between those numbers.

no thor 2 dropped 57.3 % around 36-37 million

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Nope. Thor: The Dark World dropped 57.3%.

• Like 2

It's numbers on Monday and Tuesday would lead to what percentage drop from a $155 opening in your mind? 

68-71 million it could go as low as 65 though we will have to see

Edited by john2000