DeeCee

Wednesday Numbers Thread | VERY EARLY:CM $8.5-9M

Moderation

The Tuesday Thread has been locked and archived.

Not Cool

Ignore

Don't Quote

Can we please all be careful in the type of Youtube videos or Tweets that we post in threads?  Let's not give a bigger audience then they deserve to randoms on the internet spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.

Also, please be civil and respectful at all times with regards to both other BOT users and real life people. 

This will be the Wednesday Thread for when the numbers become available. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

I know its such a minor and insignificant complaint, but does it bother anyone else as well, when people write the movie titles in Caps in their posts or tweets? Like i always think im bombarded with a lightning show of letters when i see it. Its not like i cant read the title in normal sized letters lol.

• Like 1

Anything above 9 is pretty good already.     

Also I know this is pretty early, but I think this is quite likely to land as the 8th biggest SH film , between Wondy and TDKR.  On the low end could be 12 between GotG2 and Spider-Man, of it develops some really strong legs beating Ultron for 6 is theoretically possible.

Edited by Thanos Legion

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

This isn’t actually any kind of analysis that went into this, they just say

Captain Marvel” could generate another $70 million to $85 million in its sophomore outing if the blockbuster sees a decline similar to its superhero universe brethren like “Black Panther” and “Avengers: Infinity War.”

And then literally apply the 2nd weekend drops of BP and IW to get that range.

Edited by Thanos Legion

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I know its such a minor and insignificant complaint, but does it bother anyone else as well, when people write the movie titles in Caps in their posts or tweets? Like i always think im bombarded with a lightning show of letters when i see it. Its not like i cant read the title in normal sized letters lol.

Speaking for myself, as an English major I'm anal about either capitalizing or italicizing titles. I realized call capitals is pretty annoying so I switched to italics.

• Like 1

out of Sfran's tweet, see  2nd post

in text he says

• Captain Marvel ($70 – 80 million) is generating positive word of mouth overall, and past origin films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe have historically posted excellent staying power.

in chart its

Captain Marvel Disney / Marvel $71,500,000 $269,000,000 -53%

so he leans to the lower side. Me likey, as always better safe than sorry

And as some other movies are also out or to be released, here the complete fircast summary chart

Weekend Forecast

Film Distributor 3-Day Weekend Forecast Proj Dom Total through Sun, March 17 % Change from Last Wknd
Captain Marvel Disney / Marvel $71,500,000 $269,000,000 -53%
Wonder Park Paramount $12,000,000 $12,000,000 NEW
Five Feet Apart Lionsgate / CBS Films $10,400,000 $10,400,000 NEW
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Universal $9,500,000 $135,200,000 -35%
Tyler Perry’s A Madea Family Funeral Lionsgate $7,200,000 $57,800,000 -42%
Captive State Focus Features $5,000,000 $5,000,000 NEW
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part Warner Bros. $2,200,000 $101,200,000 -43%
Green Book Universal $1,900,000 $83,300,000 -24%
Alita: Battle Angel Fox $1,800,000 $81,600,000 -44%
Fighting With My Family MGM $1,500,000 $21,200,000 -31%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

Its even a witten down rule at BOT to not write a title in Caps in a thread title.

I think the caps make it more difficult to find a thread, especially in International, where a lot of titles have those.

Same counts for tweets, prefer the nomal letters here too

• Sad 1